|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - GASQUET 7-5 6-2 - GAME, SET & MATCH! Gasquet eventually wraps up the match at the third attempt, rattling a forehand winner down the line after running around the ball. He is through to the third round, where he awaits the winner between 28th seed Mikhail Youzhny and Lu Yen-Hsun. They play later on today. Men's drawsheet
- - GASQUET 7-5 5-2 40-40 - Gasquet earns himself a first match point with a forehand return of serve winner across court. The ball sat right up into his wheelhouse and all he had to do was smack it back. The chance goes begging when he hits a regulation forehand long but he quickly sets up a second opportunity by working his way into the net and firing off a forehand volley winner. Again Rochus saves it, some fantastic defence eventually paying dividends with a cracking forehand across court...
- - GASQUET 7-5 5-2 - Rochus does brilliantly well to get up to a decent drop shot from Gasquet, but he cannot quite thread his forehand down the line as he intends. Instead the ball drops just wide, although Gasquet was there anyway, flicking a backhand winner back across court into the open court. Rochus will have to serve to stay in this match after the change of ends
- - GASQUET 7-5 4-2 - Better from Rochus this time around as he holds without trouble when Gasquet mis-hits a forehand return of serve and instead puts the way only mid-way up the net
- - GASQUET 7-5 4-1 - Gasquet holds for the loss of just the one point, which sees him race into the net and dumps a backhand approach shot into the net. He consolidates the break and is now potentially just tw games away from a place in the third round.
- - GASQUET 7-5 3-1 - BREAK! Gasquet stops mid-point to challenge the lack of a call on a backhand from Rochus. The Frenchman was right over the ball and it was a break point but it's a poor call as hawkeye shows the ball just to have caught the back of the line. Gasquet is still shaking his head during the next point when Rochus saves a second break point with a forehand winner. But Gasquet earns himself a third chance and this time he does break, a rocket of a backhand rattling down the line
- - GASQUET 7-5 2-1 - Another couple of quick service holds, one apeice for Rochus and then Gasquet, and the early stages of this second set remain without drama
- - GASQUET 7-5 1-0 - Gasquet races through the opening game of the second set with back-to-back aces, his seventh and eighth overall of the match, to hold with ease
- - GASQUET 7-5 - SET! Gasquet sets up camp behind the baseline and frustrates the Belgian, eventually drawing a forehand long to earn himself a set point. And that's the only one he needs, Rochus again being undone by the weight of shot from Gasquet, and putting a backhand into the net. Gasquet has the first set.
- - GASQUET 6-5 - The Belgian will have to go through it all again, however, with Gasquet holding without any trouble of his own to leave himself potentially just one game away from the opening set
- - GASQUET 5-5 - Rochus comes through a fairly easy service hold to level up once more. No drama there for the Belgian
- - GASQUET 5-4 - Another very lengthy rally, 38 shots this time, ends in a backhand just marginally long from Rochus, leaving Gasquet doubled over. The Frenchman leads once more, however, and Rochus will have to serve to stay in this opening set after the change of ends
- - GASQUET 4-4 - BREAK! Rochus nails a backhand winner down the line on the 21st shot of a rally to level at 30-30 but he can't repeat the feat on the next point, hitting long instead, to hand Gasquet an immediate break back point. A mis-hit backhand from Rochus on that break point is greeted by a yell from the Frenchman, who has got things back on serve once again.
- - GASQUET 3-4 - BREAK! A fantastic sliced forehand drop shot from Rochus, brilliantly disguised by the Belgian, dnies Gasquet on a game point before a double fault from the Frenchman hands Rochus a break point. A mis-hit backhand from the Frenchman sees him concede his serve, he completely lost his way in that game.
- - GASQUET 3-3 - A great first serve from Rochus, which Gasquet can only return long, saves a break point for the Belgian before he goes on to hold just a couple of points later.
- - GASQUET 3-2 - No problems this time around from Gasquet as he holds, opening up on the second shot to go back behind Rochus on two consecutive points behind serve
- - GASQUET 2-2 - Rochus, who came through qualifying and then beat Tsatsumo Ito in the opening round, the Japanese playing abandoning in the third set, has found his feet now in this match and races through a service hold to fully get things back on track
- - GASQUET 2-1 - BREAK! A shockingly poor double fault from Gasquet, his second serve landed mid-way into the tramlines, and he has handed Rochus the break back immediately. Back on serve
- - GASQUET 2-0 - BREAK! Gasquet puts enough spin on the ball to put Rochus under some pressure, drawing the backhand error from the Belgian and breaking to take the early lead in this opening set
- - GASQUET 1-0 - The Frenchman gets his clash with Rochus off to a underwhelming start, needing three attempts to close out his opening game before eventually holding when the Belgian sends a forehand long down the centre of the court
|Date of Birth||18/06/1986|
|Date of Birth||18/01/1981|