|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 6-1 6-4 - GAME, SET & MATCH! Djokovic finally finds his first ace of the set, his fourth of the match overall, and what a time to do it - on his first match point. The world number one was far from his best today but he is through to the last 16 where he will face the winner between Ernests Gulbis of Latvia and Argentine 14th seed Juan Monaco. Monte Carlo drawsheet
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 6-1 5-4 - BREAK! Djokovic will serve for the match, after the change of ends, breaking Youzhny as his attempted forehand drop shot falls short and instead lands in the net.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 6-1 4-4 - Youzhny has a great opportunity to apply extra pressure to Djokovic, taking a 15-30 lead against the Serb's serve. But he nets a forehand and the world number one goes on to hold without any more trouble.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 6-1 3-4 - After a great defensive point from Youzhny to save a first break point, the Russian's second double fault of the set, sixth of the match, hands Djokovic a second break opportunity. Youzhny again saves it, however, with a drop shot and lob combo undoing Djokovic. And from there he goes on to hold when Djokovic nets a forehand. Youzhny leads again.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 6-1 3-3 - BREAK! Djokovic is furious with himself, while Youzhny bounces round in celebration at having broken back with a forehand winner down the line. This match isn't quite over yet.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 6-1 3-2 - Djokovic pushes Youzhny to deuce as he looks to secure the double break. He can't quite find a way through though as the Russian holds at the first attempt when Nole nets a forehand
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 6-1 3-1 - Much better from Youzhny as he holds to love, finding a forehand winner off the back of a second serve but Djokovic does just as well and quickly maintains his break advantage
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 6-1 2-0 - Djokovic is yet to hit an ace in the whole match but his serve is proving pretty dominant now as he has little trouble in consolidating his early break advantage in this final set
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 6-1 1-0 - BREAK! Not a great start to the final set for the Russian, who has the look of a beaten man in his eyes now. He slaps a forehand into the net and Djokovic has the overall lead for the very first time.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 6-1 - SET! Djokovic was clearly feeling more comfortable in that set as he seals it with another cruisey service hold; Youzhny finishing the set by failing to find the court while Nole is hitting the lines with increasing regularity.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 5-1 - BREAK! Djokovic will serve for the second set after breaking for a second time in quick succession. This match is all Nole now.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 4-1 - Djokovic eases through another service hold to consolidate his break lead in this second set and leave himself potentially just two games away from levelling the match
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 3-1 - BREAK! Great defence from Djokovic as he breaks to take the lead in this second set. Youzhny goes for the drop shot off a drop shot but can only put his into the net, although Djokovic was well on his way to getting up to it comfortably.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 2-1 - Nole continues to look pretty comfortable on serve as he holds to 30, but without any drama, systematically working his way up the court until the under-pressure Youzhny makes the mistake that hands Djokovic the game.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 1-1 - Youzhny quickly finds himself two break points down after throwing two double faults in to the game early on. He saves the first and then also the second with some fantastically patient play, eventually producing the off-forehand winner across court. And finally, after nearly eight minutes, the Russian does hold when Djokovic fails to find the court with his return.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 1-0 - Djokovic takes the opening game of the second set with another easy hold to 15. Since going that double break down, the world number one really has not offered Youzhny any chances against serve.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 - SET! This time Youzhny does seal the set, at the first attempt in the game, keeping Djokovic pinned to the baseline and eventually drawing the error (a forehand into the net) from the world number one.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-5 - The world number one is looking increasingly comfortable behind his own serve as he races through another hold. He remains the one break down though and Youzhny will have a second chance to serve out this opening set
- - DJOKOVIC 3-5 - BREAK! Djokovic is finally fighting back! It was inevitable, it was just a case of when it was going to happen. The world number one batters Youzhny with a series of heavy forehands, creeping ever closer to the net in the process. He is not required to play the volley, however, as Youzhny this time puts his forehand passing shot attempt into the net and Nole has one of the breaks back.
- - DJOKOVIC 2-5 - Djokovic holds with ease for just the second time to force Youzhny to step up and serve out this opening set, after the change of ends.
- - DJOKOVIC 1-5 - Youzhny is having a great run of success with the passing shot today as he fires another one, this time a forehand winner down the line, on his way to another hold. This one leaves Djokovic serving to stay in this opening set
- - DJOKOVIC 1-4 - Djokovic is finally off the mark, much to the delight of the crowd, the world number one hold for the loss of just the one point this time.
- - DJOKOVIC 0-4 - Another pretty comfortable service hold from Youzhny sees him cement the double break. He hasn't really had to do too much so far today, just get the ball back in play and wait for Djokovic to make the mistakes
- - DJOKOVIC 0-3 - BREAK! Djokovic shows no signs of that ankle injury being too much trouble as he races back from the net to flick a backhand over the net (with his back to the net) off a lob from Youzhny. And he gets the point as Youzhny nets his forehand volley. But it is only a temporary respite for Nole as he quickly finds himself another break point down; Youzhny sealing it with a backhand passing shot winner down the line.
- - DJOKOVIC 0-2 - Youzhny holds comfortably enough for his opening service game of the match, strengthening his great start by consolidating the break
- - Djokovic and Youzhny have faced each other seven times before with the world number one holding the slight edge with four wins to three. They have not faced each other since 2010, however, when they played twice (both times on hard courts) and split their meetings down the middle. Youzhny won in two tie-break sets in Rotterdam before Djokovic win in three sets in Dubai.
- - DJOKOVIC 0-1 - BREAK! Not a great start from Djokovic as Youzhny breaks for the opening game of the match. The world number one, and last year's beaten finalist, saved two break points before hitting an off-balance backhand into the net
- - Next up on Court Central will be world number one Novak Djokovic. How bad is that ankle injury he has been struggling with? We will find out shortly as he takes on Russian Mikhail Youzhny.
|Date of Birth||22/05/1987|
|Date of Birth||25/06/1982|