No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
17:03 - So that was all too easy for Ferrer today and he is through to the last four to await the winner between Tsonga and Federer.
- - FERRER 6-2 6-1 6-1 - GAME, SET & MATCH! Ferrer seals a place in the semi-finals at the first attempt when Robredo goes long with a forehand down the centre of the court.
- - FERRER 6-2 6-1 5-1 - A fifth straight game from Ferrer as he holds to consolidate the double break and leave Robredo serving to stay in the match...
- - FERRER 6-2 6-1 4-1 - BREAK! Robredo goes long with a backhand well long down the line to hand Ferrer a second break in this set. Robredo has just completely run out of steam today.
- - FERRER 6-2 6-1 3-1 - Ferrer races through an easy service hold, banging down a big first serve to hold and consolidate the break in this third set.
- - FERRER 6-2 6-1 2-1 - BREAK! Ferrer finds himself with another break point, early in this second set, and sure enough he takes full advantage - spotting Robredo deep behind the baseline and slicing a forehand drop shot winner over the net to secure the break.
- - FERRER 6-2 6-1 1-1 - Robredo and Ferrer exchange love service games to open the third set.
- - FERRER 6-2 6-1 - SET! Neat touch at the net from Ferrer as he dinks over a forehand drop shot winner on his way to two set points. He only needs the one though, Robredo hitting into the net off the forehand wing to hand Ferrer the second set at the first attempt.
- - FERRER 6-2 5-1 - BREAK! Robredo backs away from a forehand return from Ferrer, looking for the forehand winner down the line, only to hit the ball wide and hand his compatriot the break. Ferrer will serve for the second set, next.
- - FERRER 6-2 4-1 - A big first serve followed by a forehand winner down the line seals a love service hold for Ferrer who continues his march towards sealing this second set. The world number five is now potentially just two games away.
- - FERRER 6-2 3-1 - Better from Robredo as he holds to get off the mark in this second set with a forehand winner. He just looks a step slow and lethargic today, which is understandable given his heroics so far this tournament.
- - FERRER 6-2 3-0 - Robredo helps Ferrer to a game point from deuce when his forehand catches the top of the net and fails to go over and the older Spaniard (Ferrer is one day short of a month older the Robredo) holds when Robredo goes just marginally long of the baseline.
- - FERRER 6-2 2-0 - BREAK! A Robredo backhand goes wide to hand Ferrer an early break point of his own. He squanders it with a poor choice of shot but earns himself a second when Ferrer hustles Robredo into a forehand lob attempt long. And this time Ferrer does break, his return of serve doing the damage again as it draws the error from Robredo with a deep forehand return onto the baseline.
- - FERRER 6-2 1-0 - Ferrer slaps down a double fault to gift Robredo an early break point in this second set. But the world number five serves himself out of trouble, a series of huge first serves seeing him hold without the loss of another point when Robredo puts a forehand return into the net.
- - FERRER 6-2 - SET! Ferrer batters a forehand return of serve winner down the line to bring up three set points. He only needs the one though, pushing Robredo wide to the forehand side and sealing the set when the 32nd seed sends a running forehand wide across court.
- - FERRER 5-2 - Ferrer holds to love with a running forehand down the line. Robredo will have to serve to stay in this opening set after the chance of ends.
- - FERRER 4-2 - Robredo enjoys his most comfortably service game of the day so far as he holds when Ferrer nets a backhand return. The 32nd-seeded Spaniard remains a break down in this opening set though.
- - FERRER 4-1 - Ferrer makes it look so easy as he races up to the net to put away a forehand winner off a shorter ball and hold to conolisdate the break.
- - FERRER 3-1 - BREAK! Ferrer holds again before earning himself two break points. Robredo saves the first with a backhand winner down the line while Ferrer squanders the second with a forehand error after being pushed wide. A third chance also goes begging for Ferrer as does a fourth when the world number four's backhand catches the top of the tape, rolls half a metres along the net and then fails to go over. But Ferrer does finally break with a backhand winner across court.
- - FERRER 1-1 - Robredo is showing no early signs of fatigue as he also posts a solid enough service hold, finding a forehand winner down the line to seal it.
- - FERRER 1-0 - Ferrer fires down an ace on his way to a quick and easy opening service hold to get the clash underway.
15:37 - These two players are just about ready to go and it will be Ferrer to get the clash underway by serving first...
15:30 - Robredo, on the other hand, has had to scrap for almost every single win he has had. The 32nd seed was ranked 471 in the world just 12 months ago after an injury had kept him out for most of the year. But, after a straight sets win over Jurgen Zopp in the opening round, he has had to battle back from a two sets to love deficit in each of the last three rounds - against Igor Sijsling, Gael Monfils and Nicolas Almagro.
15:29 - Ferrer has enjoyed his usual serene progress to this stage of the tournament, racking up straight sets wins over Marinko Matosevic, Alvert Montanes, Feliciano Lopez and Kevin Anderson.
15:20 - These two have met each other eight times before with Ferrer leading the head-to-heads by a fairly comfortable six wins to two. Although if you cut the head-to-heads down to only clay-court matches, that does come down slightly, with Ferrer leading by five wins to two.
15:18 - Hello and welcome to the second of the men's French Open quarter-finals between world number five David Ferrer and his fellow Spaniard, 32nd seeded Tommy Robredo.
|Date of Birth||01/05/1982|
|Date of Birth||02/04/1982|