|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - Next up then, for Janowicz will be ninth seed Richard Gasquet, a victor yesterday over Grigor Dimitrov.
- - TSONGA 4-6 6-7(5) - GAME, SET & MATCH! Janowicz rattles a forehand passing shot winner down the line to seal the win and rips his shirt in celebration. Anyone would have thought he's won the tournament with that kind of celebration!
- - TSONGA 4-6 6-6 (5-6) - TIE-BREAK! Tsonga produces his best return of the match off the backhand side only to put his follow-up forehand into the net and squander the chance of a set point. Instead Janowicz levels up before earning himself a match point when Tsonga fails again to find the court with a forehand.
- - TSONGA 4-6 6-6 (3-3) - TIE-BREAK! Tsonga has done all the hard work as he seeks the mini-break only to slap his regulation shoulder-height forehand volley into the net. Instead, Janowicz sneaks ahead with a cracking forehand down the line that Tsonga can't respond. But the Pole is unable to capitalise as he sends a backhand volley long. The players change ends locked at 3-3.
- - TSONGA 4-6 6-6 - It will be a tie-break, Janowicz able to come through a tense moment at deuce and going on to hold with a low cross court forehand that Tsonga can only hit into the net after sliding into his own forehand.
- - TSONGA 4-6 6-5 - Janowicz will have to hold once again to prolong this set as Tsonga holds to ensure that he will at least get a look at a tie-break in his attempt to level this match.
- - TSONGA 4-6 5-5 - Tsonga can only manage the one point on the Janowicz serve as he races up to the net to join the Pole, whose lob then drops long. But Janowicz holds to 15 to level up once more.
- - TSONGA 4-6 5-4 - Janowicz just misses with an aggressive forehand return of serve that could have brought up a break point. But instead Tsonga has a game point which he converts into another hold when the Pole again fails to land a forehand. The Frenchman has got closer and closer to Janowicz serve in the last couple of games and he will hope to finally make a breakthrough next to prolong the match. Janowicz will serve to stay in the set.
- - TSONGA 4-6 4-4 - Janowicz rattles a forehand winner down the line, catching the very outside of the line, to bring up a game point as Tsonga threatens at deuce. And the Pole quickly takes advantage, another ace doing the damage as he levels up once again.
- - TSONGA 4-6 4-3 - One of the quicker service games from Tsonga as he holds to sneak out in front again. The Frenchman really needs to find a way through Janowicz's serve, however, you get the feeling that a tie-break simply will not cut it.
- - TSONGA 4-6 3-3 - Janowicz goes long with a forehand to drop the opening point of the game and hand Tsonga a little glimmer of some success against the Pole's serve. But Janowicz quickly slams the door shut, ramping up the first serve before holding with a great backhand drop shot dinked just over the net. Tsonga gets there but the ball just dies after the bounce and the Frenchman can only net his return.
- - TSONGA 4-6 3-2 - Tsonga returns the favour and posts a love service hold of his own to sneak out in front again in this set, albeit only on serve,
- - TSONGA 4-6 2-2 - Despite Tsonga producing a pretty decent return at only 15-0 down, Janowicz fully believes he can win this match now and races through not only the point but also the rest of the game to hold to love once more
- - TSONGA 4-6 2-1 - Fantastic play from both players as they individually cover every inch of their side of the court. In the end, though, it is Tsonga who comes out on top with an angled cross court forehand, that he had to race up to the net to play.
- - TSONGA 4-6 1-1 - Tsonga races up to the net and whips a forehand passing shot winner across court off Janowicz stop volley. But again it is the only point the Frenchman can take off the Pole's serve and Janowicz levels up with the hold to 15.
- - TSONGA 4-6 1-0 - Much more aggressive from Tsonga as he holds to love with an ace down the centre of the court. That's how he's going to need to play if he can turn this match.
- - TSONGA 4-6 - SET! Janowicz aggressively races through a love hold of serve to seal the match and leave himself potentially just one set away from a place in the third round.
- - TSONGA 4-5 - Tsonga does hold forcing Janowicz to hold his nerve and serve out the set after the change of ends. Janowicz has not really looked tested so far on serve though.
- - TSONGA 3-5 - Tsonga slips at the end of his slide as he attempts a backhand drop shot off a drop shot from Janowicz. It could have brought up a break back point for the Frenchman but instead Janowicz has a game point, one he takes full advantage of with a cross court backhand stop volley. Tsonga will have to serve to stay in this opening set.
- - TSONGA 3-4 - Tsonga goes long with a regulation forehand to squander his first game point but he makes amends with an aggressive approach to the net on his second and this time he does hold.
- - TSONGA 2-4 - Janowicz holds once again to consolidate the break and leave Tsonga completely on the backfoot in this opening set.
- - TSONGA 2-3 - BREAK! Janowicz finds the very back of the line with a forehand to bring up a first break point. And sure enough the Pole does take the lead with a cracking return of serve off the forehand wing.
- - TSONGA 2-2 - Tsonga produces a fantastic inside-out forehand across court right onto the sideline to put Janowicz on the defensive, directly resulting in the Frenchman's smash winner two shots later. But the Pole only drops that one point in the game as he cruises to a second easy hold
- - TSONGA 2-1 - Some great sliding from both players but Janowicz's backhand down the line catches the top of the tape and sits up for Tsonga who is able to put his forehand winner away across court. Janowicz pushes him to deuce but Tsonga does go on to hold with a couple of great serves
- - TSONGA 1-1 - A great first serve at 224kph from Janowicz is rattled out wide with Tsonga only able to net his backhand cross court return. An even faster serve from the Pole clinches the game though, as he pulls himself up to his full 6'8" height and fires a 231kph bullet straight down the centre of the court
- - TSONGA 1-0 - Tsonga holds to love for the opening game of the clash, his second serve proving too much for Janowicz whose return is slapped back into the net.
- - These two have never faced each other before but it is a tough opening match for Tsonga (the Frenchman received a bye into the second round) against the world number 24 in Janowicz
- - Our first featured match will feature eighth seed Jo-Wilfried Tsonga against mercurial Pole Jerzy Janowicz.
|Date of Birth||17/04/1985|
|Date of Birth||13/11/1990|