|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - BARTOLI 6-4 7-5 - GAME, SET & MATCH! Bartoli breaks once again this time to book her place in the semi-finals of Wimbledon when Stephens sends another forehand long. There's not much of a celebration from Bartoli but she is through nonetheless to face the winner between Petra Kvitova and Kirsten Flipkens.
- - BARTOLI 6-4 6-5 - Stephens will have to serve to stay in this match for a second time as Bartoli holds without too much trouble to sneak ahead once again.
- - BARTOLI 6-4 5-5 - So much better from Stephens on serve as she holds for the loss of just the one point, Bartoli sending a backhand just long down the centre of the court to concede the game.
- - BARTOLI 6-4 5-4 - BREAK! Surprise, surprise another break of serve, Stephens thumping a forehand winner sraight down the line to deny Bartoli the pleasure of serving out the match. She hasn't held serve since the resumption of the match though and that is what she will need to do next if she is to keep this match alive.
- - BARTOLI 6-4 5-3 - BREAK! Bartoli leaves herself potentially just one game away from a place in the quarter-finals as she breaks yet again when Stephens slaps down a double fault - her second of the match - to concede serve yet again.
- - BARTOLI 6-4 4-3 - BREAK! Yet another break of serve. Incredible to think that before the rain delay we had not had a single break of serve and since then we have had only one hold! Stephens fires a change of direction forehand winner down the line to seal the break and get this clash back on serve once again.
- - BARTOLI 6-4 4-2 - BREAK! Bartoli breaks to love for a second successive time as Stephens fails with an attempted forehand winner down the line. Bartoli has the break advantage again now.
- - BARTOLI 6-4 3-2 - BREAK! Oh wow. Bartoli drops her serve to love this time. Stephens barely has to do anything to secure the break back as Bartoli struggles to get he ball in play at all in the game.
- - BARTOLI 6-4 3-1 - BREAK! Ouch. After all that hard work to get back into this second set, Stephens concedes her serve once again - a backhand error costing the American the break.
- - BARTOLI 6-4 2-1 - BREAK! Bartoli has game points before Stephens can bounce back and secure the break back with a fantastic backhand down the line and forehand winner combo. We are back on serve in this second set. Two double faults in that game did not help Bartoli's cause.
- - BARTOLI 6-4 2-0 - BREAK! Incredibly Bartoli is booed on coming back out from the change of ends, clearly the crowd have not forgotten that is was her who pushed for play to be delayed. Stephens quickly finds herself 0-30 down before she can pick up her first point since the delay. But it's only a temporary respite and the American pulls a forehand wide across court to gift Bartoli the early break.
- - BARTOLI 6-4 1-0 - Bartoli races through a love service hold to open the second set in a positive manner.
- - BARTOLI 6-4 - SET! A slow start from Stephens are the resumption sees Bartoli quickly earn herself a third set point. And the American is a little unlucky to concede the set on the next point as Bartoli throws in a very poor drop shot only for Stephens to play her response into the top of the net and see her ball bounce up high and then fail to go over.
- - BARTOLI 5-4 40-40 - This match is about to resume with Stephens serving to stay in this opening set and the score locked at deuce within this game.
17:55 - Bartoli and Stephens are just walking back out on to Court 1 now. As they have been off court for over two hours there will be a full five minute warm up before play can get underway.
17:38 - The covers have come OFF Court 1, the covers have come off. There's still some heavy clouds overhead and the rain is forecast to return through the early evening but for now it looks as though we are going to see the resumption of this match between Stephens and Bartoli.
17:25 - The tent has been deflated once again on Court 1 so maybe there is still hope of play in the time-frame we expected. That should see the rain stop in about 10 minutes time.
17:04 - The latest from Wimbledon officials is that the rain is expected to continue for at least another 30 minutes. After that, the court will be inspected and hopefully the covers can come off and play resume in this match.
16:19 - Still no sign of play resuming in this clash as the covers are on and have even been propped up into the tent position in a bid to prevent the court from suffering with the condensation.
- - BARTOLI 5-4 40-40 - Stephens saves two set points, with a forehand winner and then a backhand winner. Bartoli is clearly frustrated but that gets even worse as the rain gets heavier and she starts arguing with the umpire and tournament referee about whether play should be continuing. The crowd is not overly impressed and Bartoli is forcing to play another couple of points (Stephens earning a game point with a forehand winner and then wasting it with a forehand error) before play is suspended.
- - BARTOLI 5-4 - A really tough service game for Bartoli this time as Stephens pushes her all the way to deuce and denies the Frenchwoman on two game points. But the American is unable to take advantage of either of her break points and Bartoli holds when Stephens sends a return into the net.
- - BARTOLI 4-4 - Stephens races through another love service hold to level up yet again. The American is landing 81 per cent of her first serves so far today. That's sensational stuff from Stephens.
- - BARTOLI 4-3 - Stephens goes 30-15 ahead on the Bartoli serve for the first time in the match but the Frenchwoman bounces straight back and rattles three big serves down drawing a backhand error and consecutive forehand errors from Stephens to hold.
- - BARTOLI 3-3 - Stephens finds seven consecutive first serves after quickly going 0-40 down in her latest service game. But those seven first serves help the American recover and she holds to keep things level - a huge serve returned into the net by Bartoli.
- - BARTOLI 3-2 - Bartoli, a former finalist at Wimbledon, also posts a quick service hold when Stephens fails to land her forehand return of serve. So far the serve is dominating this clash.
- - BARTOLI 2-2 - A quick forehand winner from Stephens sees her level up once again. The American has won three consecutive three-set matches in this tournament but is showing no early signs of fatigue in this clash.
- - BARTOLI 2-1 - The Frenchwoman, watched on by former champion Amelie Mauresmo, races through a love service hold to sneak out just in front in the early stages of this clash.
- - BARTOLI 1-1 - Stephens is pushed all the way to deuce when Bartoli drills a backhand winner down the line before the American can go on to hold with a backhand winner and an ace.
- - BARTOLI 1-0 - Bartoli holds to 15 for the opening game of this match, Stephens failing with a forehand return of serve to help the Frenchwoman.
- - Marion Bartoli and Sloane Stephens are just about getting underway on Court One now. We will be following that match as well.
|Date of Birth||20/03/1993|
|Date of Birth||02/10/1984|