|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - SHARAPOVA 7-6(5) 6-3 - GAME, SET & MATCH! Fantastic from Sharapova in the end as she reaches out and flicks a forehand back over the net before sealing the match when Mladenovic fails to find the court with her resulting forehand. Sharapova is through to the second round, where she will face either Michelle Larcher de Brito of Portugal or American Melanie Oudin.
- - SHARAPOVA 7-6(5) 5-3 - An important hold for Mladenovic as she takes the game to 15 when a big cross court forehand from the Frenchwoman leaves Sharapova only able to net a backhand. The Russian will serve for the match next though.
- - SHARAPOVA 7-6(5) 5-2 - Sharapova holds once more for the loss of just the one point when Mladenovic fails to find the court with a backhand. The Frenchwoman will have to serve to stay in this match after the change of ends.
- - SHARAPOVA 7-6(5) 4-2 - Double fault number four from Mladenovic doesn't help her cause as it hands Sharapova another break point. The Frenchwoman saves it though with a much better serve that Sharapova can only return wide, before she goes on to hold by drawing another forehand error from the Russian. Mladenovic trails by just the one break.
- - SHARAPOVA 7-6(5) 4-1 - Sharapova backs up the break with a service hold to 30, again finding a big serve that Mladenovic can not return in play.
- - SHARAPOVA 7-6(5) 3-1 - BREAK! It's taken an hour and 10 minutes but Sharapova finally has the first break of the match as Mladenovic sends a forehand long down the line.
- - SHARAPOVA 7-6(5) 2-1 - Much more straight forward on serve this time from Sharapova as she holds for the loss of just the one point with a big first serve that Mladenovic can only net off the backhand wing in return.
- - SHARAPOVA 7-6(5) 1-1 - A backhand into the net from Sharapova squanders a break point before she squanders a second with a forehand error and a third with another backhand error. And eventually, after nearly nine minutes, Mladenovic goes on to hold with a backhand winner down the line. Still no breaks in this match.
- - SHARAPOVA 7-6(5) 1-0 - Another tough service hold for Sharapova as she holds from deuce when Mladenovic goes just wide with a lunging defensive forehand across court. Sharapova was right there though and could have put the ball away if needed.
- - SHARAPOVA 7-6(5) - SET! Phenomenal reach for Sharapova as she gets up to a decent drop shot from Mladenovic before using all of her six foot two inch height to reach up to a lob from the Frenchwoman and just tapping her backhand overhead down into play.
- - SHARAPOVA 6-6 (5-5) - TIE-BREAK! Sharapova is pegged back again before sneaking ahead with a squash-shot sliced forehand followed by a backhand across court that Mladenovic can only net. But the Frenchwoman again levels with a fantastic sliced defensive forehand across court that Sharapova sends just marginally long when looking for the winner down the line.
- - SHARAPOVA 6-6 (4-2) - TIE-BREAK! Sharapova quickly gets out to a 2-0 lead before Mladenovic levels at 2-2 with a backhand winner. The Russian then re-establishes her mini-break lead just before the interval after a double fault and netted forehand from the Frenchwoman.
- - SHARAPOVA 6-6 - A backhand winner from Sharapova after she has stepped inside the baseline behind a big serve, sees the Russian hold again and force the tie-break to decide this opening set.
- - SHARAPOVA 5-6 - Sharapova will have to serve to stay in the set for a second time as Mladenovic again holds, this time to 30, when she sends a backhand long of the baseline.
- - SHARAPOVA 5-5 - Sharapova holds to 15 to level up once again and put the pressure back on Mladenovic with a backhand winner down the line. The Frenchwoman seems to be coping pretty well with the pressure so far though.
- - SHARAPOVA 4-5 - Mladenovic holds without too much trouble once again, for the loss of just the one point, when she races up to a shorter ball and then fires a forehand winner across court on the angle. Sharapova will have to serve to stay in the opening set after the change of ends.
- - SHARAPOVA 4-4 - Mladenovic absolutely nails a forehand return right on to the baseline to earn herself a break point. But Sharapova saves it with a much better serve before holding with her second ace of the afternoon.
- - SHARAPOVA 3-4 - Mladenovic holds to love with another big serve that Sharapova cannot return in play, her second forehand return error in quick succession helping the Frenchwoman seal the game.
- - SHARAPOVA 3-3 - Another huge first serve from Sharapova sees Mladenovic net her backhand return to help the Russian to a hold to 15 that keeps things on level terms early in this clash.
- - SHARAPOVA 2-3 - A fantastic forehand from Mladenovic that Sharapova can only net in response as she attempts to run it down across the baseline. And the Frenchwoman holds to 15 on the very next point with a forehand winner.
- - SHARAPOVA 2-2 - Sharapova comes through a tougher service game this time around with Mladenovic pushing her to 30-30 before the world number three comes through with an ace.
- - SHARAPOVA 1-2 - Sharapova denies Mladenovic a love service hold with a blistering forehand down the line that is too low for the Frenchman to respond. But Mladenovic does hold at the second attempt with another huge serve that Sharapova cannot return in play.
- - SHARAPOVA 1-1 - Sharapova races through a love service hold to get her side of the scoreboard ticking over without so much as a hint of nerves.
- - SHARAPOVA 0-1 - A solid start from Mladenovic as she holds from 30-30 with an ace, already her second of the match.
|Date of Birth||14/05/1993|
|Date of Birth||19/04/1987|