|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - FULL STORY: Defending champion Roger Federer's remarkable run of reaching 36 consecutive grand slam quarter-finals or better was ended in a shock second-round Wimbledon defeat by unheralded Ukrainian Sergiy Stakhovsky.
- - What an incredible upset at Wimbledon - one of the greatest shocks of all time! Stakhovsky will next take on Jurgen Melzer, with the draw blown wide open.
- - FEDERER 7-6 6-7 5-7 6-7 - FEDERER IS OUT OF WIMBLEDON! This is quite astonishing, and Stakhovsky wins in the second round to send the reigning champion crashing out on day three of the tournament! Unbelievable.
- - FEDERER 7-6 6-7 5-7 6-6 (4-6) - Match points for Stakhovsky!
- - FEDERER 7-6 6-7 5-7 6-6 (3-5) - Stakhovsky has the mini-break, and he has this match in his hands if he can continue to serve as he has been throughout this match! Federer has it all to do.
- - FEDERER 7-6 6-7 5-7 6-6 (1-3) - Stakhovsky fires a quite incredible backhand winner down the line, and he takes the advantage in this fourth set tie-break as he potentially closes in on an amazing win!
- - FEDERER 7-6 6-7 5-7 6-6 - Federer squanders a break point at 30-40 as Stakhovsky produces a quite brilliant drive down the line, and he holds his composure to close out yet another hugely impressive hold. We're into a breaker!
- - FEDERER 7-6 6-7 5-7 6-5 - The defending champion shows his class with a quite brilliant hold, the highlight being a glorious cross-court forehand passing shot on the run! He moves ahead once more, and a tie-break looms.
- - FEDERER 7-6 6-7 5-7 5-5 - Stakhovsky is utterly nerveless as he holds with three big serves and a stunning forehand down the line as Federer finds a testing return. Federer is under enormous pressure now himself at 5-5. This could hardly be more tense.
- - FEDERER 7-6 6-7 5-7 5-4 - This match has had everything already, and Federer battles his way through his latest hold to lead 5-4, with just a break of serve able to give him the set now. Stakhovsky will have to hold his nerve again on serve now.
- - FEDERER 7-6 6-7 5-7 4-4 - Stakhovsky is incredibly determined, and he thumps his chest after holding serve to level at 4-4 in this fourth set. Federer fires a forehand winner down the line, but he cannot further challenge.
- - FEDERER 7-6 6-7 5-7 4-3 - Federer finally gets himself back on serve and he now leads in this fourth set. After 26 minutes, the Swiss has a slight lead - albeit being a set down - and Stakhovsky now has new balls to get himself back level in the set.
- - FEDERER 7-6 6-7 5-7 3-3 - BREAK! Federer does indeed hit back to break and level in this fourth set, and Stakhovsky is gutted as he throws a ball away having seen his serve broken for the first time in the match!
- - FEDERER 7-6 6-7 5-7 2-3 - Federer knows that he is very much in trouble now as he has a steely look after holding serve to reduce the deficit, and he now has another chance to hit back with a break!
- - FEDERER 7-6 6-7 5-7 1-3 - Stakhovsky is incredibly fired up for this match, and he roars again after holding under pressure to consolidate his break of serve. Federer fails to hit back, and this is unbelievably tense.
- - FEDERER 7-6 6-7 5-7 1-2 - BREAK! Stakhovsky lets out a roar of approval and clenches his fist as he breaks Federer yet again, and he moves into a commanding lead in the fourth set with the advantage, already a set up! Federer needs a response desperately.
- - Do you think an upset is on the cards here, or will Federer roar back to win it in five sets?
- - FEDERER 7-6 6-7 5-7 1-1 - Stakhovsky closes out his first service game in the fourth set to love, and he's brimming with confidence and thriving as he attacks relentlessly on serve!
- - FEDERER 7-6 6-7 5-7 1-0 - Federer is again serving first in the fourth set, and he holds swiftly inside five minutes as he gets going in comfortable fashion. He really has to regroup and battle now.
- - FEDERER 7-6 6-7 5-7 - SET! Stakhovsky takes the third set in 42 minutes with a quite brilliant break of serve and hold to follow, and he's showing no signs of anxiety at all as he relaxes in his chair! Federer darts off for a bathroom break, and he's got it all to do now.
- - FEDERER 7-6 6-7 5-6 - BREAK! Stakhovsky breaks serve from 30-40 as Federer crumbles all of a sudden, and now this match is really getting interesting! Stakhovsky squandered five break points before this game, but he makes no mistake on his second opportunity!
- - FEDERER 7-6 6-7 5-5 - Federer slams a forehand winner down the line in glorious fashion, but Stakhovsky remains utterly composed as he holds after forcing his way through the game under pressure.
- - FEDERER 7-6 6-7 5-4 - Federer continues to lead the way in this crucial third set, and he holds to pile the pressure back on Stakhovsky, with the Swiss just a game from the set now. Can the Ukrainian hold once more?
- - FEDERER 7-6 6-7 4-4 - Stakhovsky levels up the match once more with a fine service hold after again finding himself down at 15-30, and he blasts two forehands down the line to back up his supreme serve.
- - FEDERER 7-6 6-7 4-3 - Federer has to save a break point as Stakhovsky piles on the pressure, and the defending champion comes through unscathed to hold in what is a crucial point of the match in this third set.
- - FEDERER 7-6 6-7 3-3 - Stakhovsky shows no signs of letting up his intensity or aggressive approach play, and Federer can find no way through once more as he drives two returns wide.
- - FEDERER 7-6 6-7 3-2 - Federer holds to 15 with a big serve down the T to close out the game with Stakhovsky's return going long. The Swiss stays ahead in the third set, but needs to start finding a response to his opponent's tactics.
- - FEDERER 7-6 6-7 2-2 - Stakhovsky's approach to this match has been very admirable, and he attacks once more to good effect, coming in behind both his first and second serves to volley and meet the ball at the net.
- - FEDERER 7-6 6-7 2-1 - Having just missed out on a momentum-squashing break at the start of the set, Federer races through a convincing hold on his own delivery. Can he now put further pressure on Stakhovsky's serve?
- - FEDERER 7-6 6-7 1-1 - Stakhovsky is under real pressure as he slips to 15-30, but he finds two big serves outwide just when he needs them on his first delivery, and he manages to come through and hold!
- - FEDERER 7-6 6-7 1-0 - Federer is quick to respond to losing the second set by holding comfortably at the start of the third, but Stakhovsky pulls off the short of the match with a blistering forehand winner on the run!
- - FEDERER 7-6 6-7 - SET! What a stunning resurgence from Stakhovsky, who storms through the final three points of the tie-break to take it 7-5 and level up this match at one-set all! Federer is looking uncomfortable against his positive gameplan, and this is a potential thriller!
- - FEDERER 7-6 6-6 - TIE-BREAK! We are into a second successive tie-break now on Centre Court as Federer fires a glorious backhand down the line and finds a fine serve outwide to close out another hold. Can Stakhovsky reverse the scoreline in this one?
- - FEDERER 7-6 5-6 - Stakhovsky continues to lead the way in this second set as he finds three good first serves and closes it out with an ace after volleying twice down the line quite brilliantly.
- - FEDERER 7-6 5-5 - Federer shows real class in levelling at 5-5 with a crisp half-volley down the line followed by a blistering forehand winner cross court! This set is on a knife-edge once more.
- - FEDERER 7-6 4-5 - This is classic serve-volleying from Stakhovsky, and he is delighting the crowd with his aggressive tactics and superb serving. Federer is now under the cosh with his opponent just a game away from taking the second set.
- - FEDERER 7-6 4-4 - Federer responds with a commanding hold, and Stakhovsky can do little on return as he prepares to serve once more at the business end of the second set. This is very finely poised.
- - FEDERER 7-6 3-4 - With 25 minutes gone in this second set, both players continue to pound stunning serves and dominate with attacking tactics, and Stakhovsky is delighting the purists with his brand of serve and volleying.
- - FEDERER 7-6 3-3 - Federer finds three big first serves outwide as Stakhovsky flounders behind the baseline, and both players are thriving on serve. We could be heading for a second breaker!
- - FEDERER 7-6 2-3 - Stakhovsky is playing quite superbly now as he moves to the net after each serve and looks dominant with his volleys. Federer is struggling to make an impact on his opponent's delivery now.
- - FEDERER 7-6 2-2 - Federer again levels with a minimum of fuss, and the Swiss is really thriving on his serve after a few tricky games in the opening set. Stakhovsky is having to work hard, but he's battling superbly.
- - FEDERER 7-6 1-2 - Stakhovsky finds a quite imperious backhand passing shot to leave Federer without a reply, and he holds serve once more. His serve has been superb all day.
- - FEDERER 7-6 1-1 - Federer, serving second in this set, holds to level at 1-1 in the second set. Stakhovsky, having put so much effort into the first set, looks slightly weary in the second now.
- - FEDERER 7-6 0-1 - Stakhovsky closes out a fine opening service game with a big serve outwide, and the Ukrainian gets on the board immediately in the second set.
- - FEDERER 7-6 - SET! Federer takes the opening set tie-break 7-5 with that early mini-break ending up being decisive! Stakhovsky cannot recover in time to get back on terms, and he's now a set down on Centre.
- - FEDERER 6-6 (4-2) - Federer opens up a mini-break as Stakhovsky sees a decent first serve flash past him courtesy of a stunning return from the Swiss!
- - FEDEER 6-6 - TIE-BREAK! Stakhovsky thoroughly deserves to be in a tie-break in this opening set as he holds again, giving Federer no option of breaking serve at the last opportunity. This set could go either way!
- - FEDERER 6-5 - Stakhovsky again gives Federer a number of issues on his serve, coming to the net and putting pressure on the Swiss's second set. Federer has to come through a testing deuce before holding with a fine volley of his own.
- - FEDERER 5-5 - Stakhovsky refuses to be dictated to in this opening set, and he powers two huge serves down the T to leave Federer lunging around at the back of the court, unable to build pressure on his serve on this occasion.
- - FEDERER 5-4 - It's a real test for Federer as he is forced to save a break point with a brilliant volley! Stakhovsky creates real pressure and is denied a break of serve by some superb play from the defending champion.
- - FEDERER 4-4 - Stakhovsky is serve and volleying to great effect so far in this match, and he twice comes to the net and delivers stunning backhand smashes! He holds to level, and this opening set is finely poised.
- - FEDERER 4-3 - Federer shocks the whole of Centre Court by missing a simple volley at the net with Stakhovsky drawn outwide, but he smiles and makes amends at the next opportunity!
- - FEDERER 3-3 - Stakhovsky again holds with two powerful forehands down the line after having fired serves outwide to the Federer backhand. Both players are holding with ease.
- - FEDERER 3-2 - The third seed and defending champion is finding it ridiculously easy to hold serve, and he comes through another game to love with Stakhovsky almost taking pot shots from the back of the court.
- - FEDERER 2-2 - Stakhovsky holds to love in very impressive fashion as he serves and volleys to good effect with a string of powerful first deliveries to leave Federer without an option from the back of the court.
- - FEDERER 2-1 - The third seed holds in barely over a minute as he moves 2-1 in front at the start of this match, and Stakhovsky is not even getting a sighter on his first serve so far.
- - FEDERER 1-1 - Stakhovsky settles quickly and holds to get on the board straight away with a service game to 15. Federer can only make one meaningful return, and the Ukrainian gets going in confident fashion.
- - FEDERER 1-0 - Federer coasts through his opening service game as he twice comes to the net and volleys into the corner after big first serves. Stakhovsky barely gets a racket on the ball in the first game.
- - Next up on Centre Court, defending champion Roger Federer takes on Sergiy Stakhovsky of Ukraine in their second-round match, and he will be another player just looking to come through unscathed on 'Black Wednesday' as it's being branded now.
|Date of Birth||06/01/1986|
|Date of Birth||08/08/1981|