|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - FEDERER 6-3 6-2 6-0 - GAME, SET & MATCH! Emphatic from the defending champion as he fires down another run of big serves to seal the match to love with a service winner. Next up for the third seed will be Ukraine's Sergiy Stakhovsky, a straight sets winner over Rogerio Dutra Silva earlier on today.
- - FEDERER 6-3 6-2 5-0 - BREAK! Federer leaves herself potentially just one game away from the second round with another break, this time sealing the game with a stretched forehand lob that just goes over the reach of Hanescu. Federer will serve for the match after the change of ends.
- - FEDERER 6-3 6-2 4-0 - Federer holds to 15 to cement the double break, Hanescu's only point coming off a brilliant cross court forehand lob winner.
- - FEDERER 6-3 6-2 3-0 - BREAK! Much like the early stages of the second set, Federer is in complete control as he breaks for the second time in quick succession. He is simply better than Hanescu is every respect.
- - FEDERER 6-3 6-2 2-0 - Another quick service hold from Federer consolidates the early break, a netted Hanescu backhand finishing the game.
- - FEDERER 6-3 6-2 1-0 - BREAK! A forehand into the net from Hanescu, off a very deep Federer forehand that rushes up at him, and the defending champion has the break early in this third set.
- - FEDERER 6-3 6-2 - SET! Federer has wrapped up the second set in equally comfortable fashion that he wrapped up the first, sealing it with an ace.
- - FEDERER 6-3 5-2 - Hanescu holds for the loss of just the one point, forcing Federer to serve out this second set next.
- - FEDERER 6-3 5-1 - Hanescu has only won four points on the Federer serve so far in the whole match as the defending champion eases through another very comfortable hold with a service winner. Hanescu will have to serve to stay in this second set next.
- - FEDERER 6-3 4-1 - Hanescu gets a little bit of luck as he holds to 30 when Federer's inside out forehand catches the top of the tape and is taken just wide. That means the Romanian avoids the dreaded bagel set but Federer is firmly in control.
- - FEDERER 6-3 4-0 - Federer takes the first point of the game with a forehand winner before three huge serves force return errors from Hanescu and seal a love game to consolidate the double break for Federer.
- - FEDERER 6-3 3-0 - BREAK! Federer is completely in control of his game now as he earns himself another break point with a forehand volley winner, before sealing the double break with a forehand winner down the line off a shorter ball from Hanescu.
- - FEDERER 6-3 2-0 - Hanescu is very close to landing a forehand down the line and challenges the out call. But hawkeye shows the ball did indeed just miss the line and Federer goes on to hold with another service winner.
- - FEDERER 6-3 1-0 - BREAK! Federer pushes Hanescu too far agaain, drawing the Romanian wide with his return of serve and breaking when his opponent can only send his forehand response long and wide.
- - FEDERER 6-3 - And serve out the set Federer does, in very emphatic fashion, again holding to love and sealing the set when Hanescu goes long with a looping forehand.
- - FEDERER 5-3 - Hanescu races through a love service hold, sealing the game with a trip into the net and a backhand stop volley winner, to at least force Federer to serve out the set.
- - FEDERER 5-2 - Federer is already just the one game away from the first set as he threads a running forehand passing shot winner down the line to seal another hold to 15. Hanescu will have to serve to stay in this opening set after the change of ends.
- - FEDERER 4-2 - Federer denies Hanescu on a first game point with a backhand stop volley dinked just over the net, the Romanian failing to get the ball up before the second bounce. He then puts in an aggressive point from the baseline to level at deuce when Hanescu goes long with a backhand down the centre of the court. But the Romanian comes through the game in the end when Fed fails to find the court with a forehand.
- - FEDERER 4-1 - Federer whips a running forehand passing shot down the line which Hanescu, despite being there and getting a racquet to, can do nothing about. The Romanian then throws into another backhand error, under huge pressure from Federer, and the defending champion has another comfortable hold to his name.
- - FEDERER 3-1 - Hanescu, this time, looks as though he is going to hold to love before Federer ghosts into the net behind a forehand and puts away a shoulder-height backhand volley winner. But the Romanian holds at the second attempt with an inside-out forehand winner across court and he is off the mark.
- - FEDERER 3-0 - Federer races through another love service hold to consolidate the break, sealing the game with an ace out wide after an ace, a backhand error from Hanescu and a service winner.
- - FEDERER 2-0 - BREAK! Federer squanders a first break point with a forehand well long down the line. But Hanescu fails to find the court with a forehand of his own on the next point and the defending champion is off to a flying start on Centre Court.
- - FEDERER 1-0 - Federer holds to love to open his account with a dismissive forehand volley winner, the third seed was jogging across the net at the time, stuck his racquet instinctively and dinked his stop volley over the net for a winner.
- - Coming up next is Roger Federer, opening the defence of his title with a clash against Victor Hanescu of Romania.
|Date of Birth||21/07/1981|
|Date of Birth||08/08/1981|