No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - So 24th seed Jerzy Janowicz is through to the last four where he awaits the winner between Andy Murray and Fernando Verdasco.
- - JANOWICZ 7-5 6-4 6-4 - GAME, SET & MATCH! Janowicz is the first Polish man ever to reach a Grand Slam final as he serves out the match to love. Janowicz falls to the ground and bursts into tears before a lengthy hug with Kubot. The players then switch shirts as well!
- - JANOWICZ 7-5 6-4 5-4 - Janowicz will serve for the match after breaking Kubot in the ninth game of this third set. The 24th seed is unable to take the first of his chances before grabbing it on the second when Kubot sends a backhand wide across court.
- - JANOWICZ 7-5 6-4 3-4 - Kubot is also quick to post another service hold to 15, producing an ace and a big first serve that Janowicz cannot return in play off the forehand wing.
- - JANOWICZ 7-5 6-4 3-3 - Yet another ace sees Janowicz seal another service hold to level up in this third set again. The 24th seed is actually only landing 50 per cent of his first serve in this set but when he does he is winning 100 per cent of the points behind it!
- - JANOWICZ 7-5 6-4 2-3 - Kubot takes a tumble on the baseline, but it's fairly innocuous and he's quick to get up before holding with a backhand volley winner.
- - JANOWICZ 7-5 6-4 2-2 - Janowicz finds himself a break point down for just the second time in hte match but he saves it with a huge first serve that Kubot cannot return before going on to hold when Kubot nets a backhand return.
- - JANOWICZ 7-5 6-4 1-2 - Better from Kubot this time as he holds to 30 with a big serve that Janowicz cannot return in play.
- - JANOWICZ 7-5 6-4 1-1 - Janowicz drops the opening point of the game with a double fault while Kubot also gets a second point with a forehand winner. But two more aces from the racquet of the 24th seed and he has another hold.
- - JANOWICZ 7-5 6-4 0-1 - Kubot battles though an opening service hold in this third set, holding from deuce with an ace. Kubot is just about clinging on.
- - JANOWICZ 7-5 6-4 - SET! Two more aces from Janowicz - numbers 20 and 21 - sees the 24th seed seal the second set in double quick time, Kubot barely getting a look at the ball in that game.
- - JANOWICZ 7-5 5-4 - Great hold from Kubot as he finds a smash winner, a forehand winner and a backhand volley winner to force his opponent to serve out this second set.
- - JANOWICZ 7-5 5-3 - Janowicz holds with an ace and a big serve that Kubot cannot return in play and the unseeded Pole will have to serve to stay in this second set next.
- - JANOWICZ 7-5 4-3 - BREAK! A forehand winner from Janowicz drilled straight down the line seals the break for the 24th seed, who is not potentially just two games away from this second set.
- - JANOWICZ 7-5 3-3 - Yet again back-to-back aces from Janowicz see him seals the game, albeit from deuce this time instead of with ease. And we're all square in this second set again.
- - JANOWICZ 7-5 2-3 - A double fault from Kubot squanders a game point before a backhand volley error allows Janowicz to level at deuce. But the older of the two players bounces back and holds with a service winner.
- - JANOWICZ 7-5 2-2 - Janowicz holds from 15-40 down after consecutive forehand errors from Kubot and then an ace from the 24th seed. Great hold from Janowicz.
- - JANOWICZ 7-5 1-2 - Despite Janowicz racing up the court to easily chase down a drop shot and firing a forehand winner down the line, Kubot holds from deuce to sneak out in front once again.
- - JANOWICZ 7-5 1-1 - Janowicz needs just 49 seconds to race through another love service hold, aces number 11 and 12 coming back-to-back in the middle of the game.
- - JANOWICZ 7-5 0-1 - Kubot races through the opening service game of the second set when Janowicz sends a forehand into the net off the return.
- - JANOWICZ 7-5 - SET! Double fault number four is followed by ace number 10 from Janowicz to bring him a two set points. But he only needs the one as Kubot nets a forehand. The first set goes the way of the 24th seed.
- - JANOWICZ 6-5 - BREAK! Janowicz earns himself a break point with a forehand winner whipped across court. Kubot saves it with an unreturnable serve but Janowicz fashions a second chance and this time he does break when Kubot nets a forehand winner.
- - JANOWICZ 5-5 - Kubot fashions himself a first set point for his first bit of damage on the Janowicz serve. The 24th seed saves it though with great length on the backhand before going on to hold with a backhand winner down the line.
- - JANOWICZ 4-5 - With nine games already on the scoreboard in just 24 minutes, these two are playing at a speedy rate. Kubot hodls again with an ace, his third of the match.
- - JANOWICZ 4-4 - Just the one ace in this game from Janowicz as he cruises through another hold, this time just to 15, to level up once again.
- - JANOWICZ 3-4 - Kubot finds his first ace of the game to bring up a game point before jogging back to the chair when Janowicz nets a forehand.
- - JANOWICZ 3-3 - Back-to-back aces from Janowicz see him hold and level up once again. He's only dropped two points on serve in the first three games.
- - JANOWICZ 2-3 - One more quick service hold apeice from both players and it is clear that serve is going to dominate this clash.
- - JANOWICZ 1-2 - Janowicz belts a forehand return winner down the line to get off the mark. But it's the only point he can manage in the game as Kubot holds with a big serve that Janowicz cannot return in play.
- - JANOWICZ 1-1 - Janowicz produces three consecutive aces to seal a blink-and-you'll-miss-it opening love service hold.
- - JANOWICZ 0-1 - A solid opening service hold from Kubot as he holds for the loss of just the one point when Janowicz failed to find the court with a forehand.
- - Also getting underway, over on Court 1, is the all-Polish clash between 24th seeded Jerzy Janowicz and Lukasz Kubot. These two have not faced each other before.
|Date of Birth||16/06/1982|
|Date of Birth||13/11/1990|