No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - GASQUET 6-7(9) 7-5 5-7 6-7(5) - Tomic has a superb TB, starting with one great mini-break and backed up with solid serves and accurate drives from deep. And he takes it as Gasquet returns. An upset in terms of rankings, but Tomic has bags of potential - maybe taking his Dad out of the equation was a good thing? Next for him is Berdych or Anderson.
- - GASQUET 6-7(9) 7-5 5-7 6-6 - A second tie break of this match, which has been close, very close.
- - GASQUET 6-7(9) 7-5 5-7 - BREAK AND SET! It was all going with serve until, at 6-5, Tomic breaks Gasquet to take charge. This could go all the way.
- - GASQUET 6-7(9) 7-5 4-4 - The third has been with serve so far, and quite combative it is too, very contrasting styles.
- - GASQUET 6-7(9) 7-5 - SET! No problem for Gasquet, who serves it out to level the match at one set apiece.
- - GASQUET 6-7(9) 6-5 - BREAK! Gasquet edges ahead right at the end of this second set as Tomic's serve lets him down. Gasquet to serve to level!
- - GASQUET 6-7(9) 5-5 - Two set points for Tomic now right at the death of this game but the first is saved by an acrobatic Gasquet volley. The second too as Tomic overhits but he challenges... yes, wide, deuce. Eventually an epic battle off deuce falls Gasquet's way as a fine forehand approach shot beats Tomic.
- - GASQUET 6-7(9) 1-2 - With serve early in the second, but Tomic is looking confident for once, smashing away after some powerful serves, as befits a big man on grass.
- - GASQUET 6-7(9) - SET TOMIC! Even the tiebreak is too close to call as they move to 6-6 after a monumental point. Gasquet ran more then than he does in some matches! But Tomic eventually takes it with a superb drop shot that Gasquet's little legs can't take him to.
- - GASQUET 6-6 - Gasquet has had a chance to break for the set twice now, at 5-4 - eventually blown away by some fine serves by Tomic - and now again here, but once more the young Aussie serves his way out of a pickle and we have a tiebreak.
- - GASQUET 1-1 - The popular French ninth seed is up against the slightly more divisive Australian Tomic. With serve to start with - Gasquet is a lovely player to watch, particularly on grass, and he leads the H2H 2-0.
|Date of Birth||18/06/1986|
|Date of Birth||21/10/1992|