|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - So Rafael Nadal completes the semi-final line-up in Montreal. It will be Vasek Pospisil v Milos Raonic in the all-Canadian semi-final and Novak Djokovic v Rafael Nadal in the later semi.
- - NADAL 6-2 6-4 - GAME, SET & MATCH! Nadal fires a serve out wide, that a lunging Matosevic can only return into the net, to bring up two match points. But he only needs the one, Matosevic again unable to cope with the Spaniard's power, and it is Nadal through to the last four in an hour and 16 minutes.
- - NADAL 6-2 5-4 - Another great serve from Matosevic that Nadal can only return long helps the Aussie on his way to at least one more service hold. But Nadal will serve for the match, and a place in the semi-finals against Novak Djokovic, after the change of ends.
- - NADAL 6-2 5-3 - A big first serve from Nadal is returned wide down the line off the backhand wing by Matosevic, who will now have to serve to stay in this match as that seals a hold to 30 for the world number four.
- - NADAL 6-2 4-3 - Better from Matosevic as he matches Nadal's love service hold with one of his own, wrapping things up with a perfectly placed kicker ace out wide that the Spaniard could get nowhere near.
- - NADAL 6-2 4-2 - Nadal consolidates the break with a love service hold sealed with a forehand right on to the baseline that Matosevic cannot deal with, the Aussie sending his inside-out forehand wide across court.
- - NADAL 6-2 3-2 - BREAK! Another forehand goes astray from Matosevic, against sailing long of the baseline, to hand Nadal two break points. The Aussie saves the first with a forehand winner and then also the second with a cross court forehand that Nadal can only send wide on his attempted running backhand down the line. A double fault from Matosevic hands Nadal a third chance to break and this time the Spaniard gets it when the Aussie nets a backhand after doing well to stay in the rally.
- - NADAL 6-2 2-2 - Matosevic is left frustrated when he slaps a forehand long down the centre of the court to concede the first point of the game. And it's a mistake he repeats on the final point as Nadal posts a love service hold to level up once more.
- - NADAL 6-2 1-2 - Matosevic matches his output in the opening set by grabbing a second game in the second with a hold to love, an economical forehand deep down the line keeping Nadal pinned back behind the line and drawing the error from the Spaniard.
- - NADAL 6-2 1-1 - Nadal also posts a hold to 15 to get his second set underway as Matosevic sends a routine forehand long of the baseline.
- - NADAL 6-2 0-1 - Fantastic feel at the net from Matosevic as he dinks a neat forehand stop volley for a winner and levels at 15-all but Nadal responds with a sensational flicked forehand passing shot winner down the line at full stretch the level at deuce. In the end though Matosevic holds without having to face a break point.
- - NADAL 6-2 - SET! Just 37 minutes on the clock as Nadal wraps up the first set without too much trouble, holding to 15 when Matosevic sends a backhand long of the baseline. Nadal is playing well within himself tonight and looks very comfortable as Matosevic struggles to pose the Spaniard much of a threat.
- - NADAL 5-2 - A very solid service game from Matosevic to keep the set alive, the Aussie posting a hold to 15 with a big serve that Nadal can only return long and that will force the Spaniard to serve for the opening set after the change of ends.
- - NADAL 5-1 - Another huge forehand from Matosevic down the line gets him off the mark in the game but it's only a temporary success as Nadal holds without any trouble to leave the Aussie serving to stay in this opening set.
- - NADAL 4-1 - BREAK! Matosevic finds his second ace to get himself out of a spot of bother and level at 30-all before another unreturnable earns him a game point. He can't take advantage of it though nor a second or third chance and Nadal grabs the second break when Matosevic slaps down a fourth double fault.
- - NADAL 3-1 - A whipped forehand across court from Nadal is netted in reply by Matosevic but the Aussie is handed an immediate break back point when the Spaniard misses a backhand down the line. The big serve down the centre of the court comes to the rescue for Nadal as he aces Matosevic to level at deuce but the Aussie earns himself a second chance with a backhand down the line. Another forehand winner across court saves it for Nadal, who then holds when Matosevic goes long with a forehand.
- - NADAL 2-1 - BREAK! A sensational backhand return of serve across court from Nadal goes for a winner to open the game. The Spaniard then earns himself an early break point with another big return that Matosevic can only net in reply. A big first serve from the Australian saves it before he also saves the second with a brutal cross court backhand winner but he slaps down his first double fault on a third and Nadal has the early break.
- - NADAL 1-1 - A huge injection of pace on a forehand down the line from Matosevic gets Nadal on the back-foot but the Australian gets a little unlucky when his follow-up volley catches the top of the tape and is taken wide. Nadal goes on to hold with a vicious backhand passing shot that Matosevic actually does well to even get a racquet to, there was no chance that was coming back over the net.
- - NADAL 0-1 - A heavy first serve and an inside-out forehand winner across court earns Matosevic a game point from 30-all. Good serving from the Aussie then seals the game as Nadal fails to land his return off a body serve.
01:12 - The players are just about finished with their warm-up and it will be Matosevic to get the clash underway, after the Aussie won the toss and elected to serve...
01:05 - The winner of this clash will face world number one and two-times defending champion Novak Djokovic in tomorrow night's late semi-final. The Canadian duo of 11th seed Milos Raonic and wildcard Vasek Pospisil will contest the earlier semi.
01:00 - These two have met each other just the once before, earlier this year when Matosevic kicked over Nadal's water-bottles at the Monte Carlo Masters. It didn't do the Australian any good though as he lost in two very quick sets, 6-1 6-2.
00:50 - Hello and welcome to LIVE coverage from the final quarter-final clash at the Rogers Cup in Montreal. This one is between world number four Rafael Nadal and Australian qualifier Marinko Matosevic.
|Date of Birth||03/06/1986|
|Date of Birth||08/08/1985|