|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - NADAL 6-2 6-2 - GAME, SET & MATCH! Nadal is pretty quick to earn himself two match points with a body serve that Raonic can only return wide as he tries to dodge the ball. The Spaniard only needs the one though and picks up his third Rogers Cup title, and 25th Masters title overall, when Raonic again goes long with a forehand.
- - NADAL 6-2 5-2 - BREAK! An injection of pace on an inside-out cross court from Nadal does enough to take the ball away from Raonic who can only hit his running forehand into the net. It brings up another break point for Nadal but he only needs the one as Raonic sends another forehand sailing long. Nadal will sevre for the title after the change of ends.
- - NADAL 6-2 4-2 - Another game goes the way of Nadal as he continues his inexorable march towards the title, the world number four sealing the game with a big serve down the centre of the court and a forehand wide down the line from Raonic.
- - NADAL 6-2 3-2 - Ace number four from Raonic brings up triple game point. Nadal pegs one back with a forehand return winner down the line but Raonic goes on to hold with a big serve out wide and an inside-out forehand winner across court in the opposite direction.
- - NADAL 6-2 3-1 - All of a sudden a poorer came from Nadal and a much better game from Raonic as he races into the net and reads the Nadal pass to thump a forehand volley into the open court and bring up three break back points. Nadal gets a time voilation before the next point but saves it nonetheless while Raonic squanders the second with a netted forehand. Nadal saves the third with an angled cross court backhand passing shot before going on to hold with an ace.
- - NADAL 6-2 2-1 - Raonic able to get enough this time on a forehand approach shot down the line, that Nadal can only net, to bring up a game point. And the Canadian does belatedly get his side of the scoreboard ticking over once more with a mis-hit volley that actually proves very tricky for Nadal, the Spaniard netting his forehand reply.
- - NADAL 6-2 2-0 - Nadal with a comfortable hold to 15 to consolidate the early break, a deep first serve proving too much for Raonic as he nets his forehand return to end the game.
- - NADAL 6-2 1-0 - BREAK! Nadal flashes a forehand passing shot across court and past the Raonic backhand to get off the mark before earning himself yet another break point on a error from the Canadian. Ouch. A double fault from Raonic concedes the serve and Nadal really doesn't look like he relinquish control from here.
- - NADAL 6-2 - SET! Nadal serves out the set to love with a serve towards the body of Raonic, cramping the Canadian into a backhand return into the net.
- - NADAL 5-2 - Much better from Raonic this time around as he holds for the loss of just the one point, sealing the game with a huge serve out wide after Nadal had mis-hit an inside-out forehand and sent the ball wide well. Nadal will still have the chance to serve for the set though.
- - NADAL 5-1 - Nadal races through a love service hold, sealing the game with a big serve out wide that Raonic can only return well wide. That leaves the Canadian serving to stay in this opening set after 25 minutes.
- - NADAL 4-1 - BREAK! Nadal denies Raonic on a first game point with a forehand winner down the line after the ball had the top of the net and bounced up for the Spaniard. And then also on second with aonther forehand winner down the line, the spin this time undoing Raonic who took a swing at the ball. Raonic goes for too much on a cross court forehand, sending his ball wide to hand Nadal another break point... The double break is the Spaniard's as this time Raonic nets a forehand.
- - NADAL 3-1 - A forehand winner clattered down the line from Nadal brings up two game points to consolidate the early break but he only needs the one as Raonic nets a forehand of his own (after running around the ball) to end a budding rally. The early signs are ominous for the Canadian.
- - NADAL 2-1 - BREAK! A one-two punch of a backhand down the line followed by an inside-out forehand winner across court help Raonic sneak 30-15 ahead on serve but Nadal bounces back with consecutive points to fashion an early break point. The Spaniard takes full advantage of the chance too, finding a neat angle on an inside-out cross court forehand winner from the very middle of the court.
- - NADAL 1-1 - Nadal also posts a comfortable opening service hold, throwing in just the one ace to Raonic's two but holding to love.
- - NADAL 0-1 - Raonic, wearing a red and white shirt today with a maple leaf on the left of his chest, batters down a huge ace out wide to bring up two game points before going on to hold on the next point with another unreturnable. Confident start from the Canadian.
20:15 - The players are just about ready to go and it will be Raonic to get the clash underway after Nadal won the spin of the coin and elected to receive ...
20:10 - Nadal, meanwhile, had a bye into the second round before enjoying straight sets wins over Jesse Levine, Jerzy Janowicz and Marinko Matosevic. Then, of course, last night, the Spaniard took out Djokovic in three tight sets, eventually winning it when the world number one threw in a pretty poor tie-break by his standards.
20:10 - To reach this stage Raonic has come past Jeremy Chardy in three sets, Mikhail Youzhny and Juan Martin del Potro both in straight sets, adn then Ernests Gulbis and compatriot and wildcard Vasek Pospisil in three sets once again.
20:05 - Nadal is looking for his 25th Masters series title. Raonic is in his first Masters series final. But the Canadian is at home and Nadal might, just might, be a little tired after winning that third set breaker against Djokovic less than 24 hours ago.
20:00 - These two have met each other three times before with Nadal leading the head-to-heads by three wins to zero - those matches were on the hard courts of Tokyo in 2010 and again in 2011 and then in that Barcelona semi-final earlier this year. In fact, the stats get even worse for Raonic - he has never even taken a set off the world number four.
19:55 - Milos Raonic has also enjoyed a very successful year so far, picking up a title in San Jose (his third consecutive title there) as well as reaching the semi-final in Barcelona. The 22-year-old has also ensured that he becomes the first ever Canadian to be ranked inside the top 10 - which he will be when the new rankings are released on Monday, regardless of what happens in this final today.
19:50 - People can talk about Nadal's early (shock) loss at Wimbledon as much as they like but the fact remains that this is his 10th final since returning to action in February. Not only that but he has won the title on seven of those previous nine occasions - only losing to Horacio Zeballos on his first tournament back in Vina del Mar and then Novak Djokovic a couple of months later in Monte Carlo. Impressive stuff from the Spaniard.
19:45 - Hello and welcome to LIVE coverage from the Rogers Cup final between Rafael Nadal and Milos Raonic in Montreal.
|Date of Birth||03/06/1986|
|Date of Birth||27/12/1990|