|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - Next up for Nadal will be either another Canadian Frank Dancevic or Pole Jerzy Janowicz, who are currently on court at the moment.
- - NADAL 6-2 6-0 - GAME, SET & MATCH! A first match point goes begging for Nadal as he sends a forehand return wide down the line, going for the barnstorming finish. But Levine goes long with a forehand (confirmed after a challenge from the Canadian) to gift Nadal a second chance. And this time he does wrap up the match with a great forehand return that Levine cannot cope with.
- - NADAL 6-2 5-0 - Very, very comfortable for Nadal as he holds to love to consolidate the double break and leaving Levine serving, after the change of ends, to keep the match alive and avoid the dreaded bagel second set.
- - NADAL 6-2 4-0 - BREAK! A whipped forehand cross court pass from Nadal goes for a winner and brings up another break point. He can't take advantage and pulls his inside-out forehand wide across court but Levine gifts him a second chance with a routine forehand long of the baseline. And this time Nadal does break, running away with this second set now as he produces yet another forehand winner.
- - NADAL 6-2 3-0 - Finally something for the home crowd to get excited about as Levine rattles a vicious backhand winner across court to earn himself an immediate break back point. Nadal saves it with a body serve and easy forehand winner to follow-up before going on to hold with another big serve that Levine can only return long.
- - NADAL 6-2 2-0 - BREAK! The double faults continue to hurt Levine as he slaps down yet another, his eighth of the match so far, on his way to dropping serve once again. The Canadian won just one point behind his first serve in that game and Nadal has the early break.
- - NADAL 6-2 1-0 - Nadal absolutely races through another comfortable service game, sealing it with an ace, bringing up his two game points with a sublime point that sees him send Levine first one way and then the other, overstretching the Canadian and eventually drawing the error.
- - NADAL 6-2 - SET! Nadal just picks up his level, almost imperceptibly, as he quickly fashions a set point with another forehand winner. That quickly turns into the first set to the fourth seed, the set unfortunately ending on a backhand error from Levine. Just 44 minutes on the clock so far.
- - NADAL 5-2 - Nadal leaves himself potentially just one game away from taking this opening set. The Spaniard thumps a huge forehand winner, already his fourth of the match, this time down the line on his way to the hold. That's four outright forehand winners to Nadal compared with none from Levine, who will have to serve to keep this set alive after the change of ends.
- - NADAL 4-2 - Battling stuff from Levine as he holds from 30 with a forehand winner to keep the deficit down to just the one break of serve in this opening set. Certainly the Canadian has not been out-played so far, but Nadal is looking fairly comfortable on enough of the points.
- - NADAL 4-1 - Nadal fires down ace number two to bring up two game points only to follow it with his first double fault. He also slaps another error to allow Levine to level up at deuce. before slamming the door shut and holding with a forehand winner to consolidate the break.
- - NADAL 3-1 - BREAK! Ouch. Levine stands up to Nadal again on the opening point of the game, forcing the Spaniard to go for the backhand down the line only to send the ball wide. But Nadal fashions another break point and this time he does take the lead when Levine slaps down a double fault, already his fourth of the match.
- - NADAL 2-1 - Nadal races out to a 40-0 lead when Levine sends a wild forehand sailing long of the baseline. Levine pegs him back by a point with an injection of pace on a forehand down the line but Nadal wraps up the hold at the second attempt with a forehand winner of his own.
- - NADAL 1-1 - Levine moves up the court and rattles a backhand winner down the line to bring up game point and then does the same with a forehand down the same line (running round the ball) after Nadal saves it. The Canadian then saves a break point with another forehand winner down the line before going on to hold with a huge second serve that Nadal can only mis-hit and then an ace.
- - NADAL 1-0 - Terrific point from Levine, much to the delight of the home crowd, as he fires off a forehand winner to bring up an early break point. Nadal saves it after a lengthy rally, absorbing all of Levine's power forehands and eventually drawing the error. The Canadian earns himself a second chance but this time Nadal saves it with an ace and from there he goes on to hold when Levine goes long with a routine forehand.
- - The players are just about ready to go and it will be Nadal to get the clash underway by serving first ...
- - Nadal has met Levine just the once before, the Spaniard triumphing in two easy sets at this same tournament back in 2008 when it was held in Toronto, the Rogers Cup alternating the women's and men's tournament between Montreal and Toronto each year.
- - Nadal is making his singles return to action for the first time since that shock early loss at Wimbledon, although he opened his Rogers Cup doubles campaign with a battling win yesterday.
- - Hello and welcome to LIVE coverage from the Rafael Nadal's opening Montreal Masters clash. This is actually a second round match, the Spaniard enjoying a bye in the first round, and he is facing a Canadian in Jesse Levine.
|Date of Birth||03/06/1986|
|Date of Birth||15/10/1987|