|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - Next up for Djokovic will be a meeting with either Uzbek Denis Istomin or Canadian wildcard Filip Peliwo.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-2 6-1 - GAME, SET & MATCH! One match point is all Djokovic needs as he wraps things up in 55 minutes when Mayer sends a forehand sailing long. The Serb then indulges in a little victory dance with the tournament mascot!
- - DJOKOVIC 6-2 5-1 Ad-40 - Djokovic opens the game with a double fault, his first of the match before going on to hand Mayer three immediate break back points with a forehand long. The world number one saves the first with a decent backhand approach shot that Mayer can only return wide across court. The second also goes begging for the German while Djokovic saves the third with a great first serve out wide followed by a forehand winner. A match point quickly follows...
- - DJOKOVIC 6-2 5-1 - BREAK! Mayer has unfortunately posed Djokovic very little problem tonight and the Serb breaks for a fourth time when the German sends a forehand long. Djokovic will serve for the match with just 52 minutes on the clock.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-2 4-1 - Djokovic races through the opening couple of points only to send a wild off-backhand sailing well wide across court and hand Mayer a break back point. The German just narrowly misses an inside out forehand return to squander the chance though before handing Djokovic the hold with consecutive forehands long of the baseline.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-2 3-1 - A solid enough service game from Mayer this time around as he finds his first ace to bring up two game points before holding with his second.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-2 3-0 - Fantastic from both players, Djokovic racing up to the net and sliding into a cross court angled forehand only for Mayer to stretch out and somehow guide his forehand volley back into the open court down the line. Djokovic is left furious when he is given a time violation before the next point but quickly fires down two heavy serves to hold without the loss of another point, consolidating the break in the process.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-2 2-0 - BREAK! Mayer stands up to a backhand on the baseline only to drill the ball wide down the line and hand Djokovic to early break points in this second set. The first goes begging for the Serb as he fails to land his forehand return. But the German sends a routine forehand long down the centre of the court to gift Djokovic the break at the second time of asking.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-2 1-0 - Mayer finds himself stranded in the mid-court while Djokovic controls the net and the German sends an attempted forehand passing shot well long to concede the opening game of the second set to 15 as a result.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-2 - SET! Sublime skills at the net from Djokovic result in a forehand volley winner and three set points. The first is squandered with an attempted forehand passing shot that is pushed wide down the line. But Mayer slaps down a double fault on the second and the world number one has the opening set in 28 minutes.
- - DJOKOVIC 5-2 - Djokovic catches the top of the tape with an attempted cross court forehand, the net taking the ball wide and long to allow Mayer to level up at 30-all once again. That is as far as the German is allowed to get though as Djokovic quickly slams the door shut to hold and leave Mayer preparing to serve to stay in this opening set.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-2 - A deep backhand return from Djokovic gets his game off to a positive start as Mayer puts his response into the net. But the German recovers with a backhand volley winner before going on to hold without any further difficulty.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-1 - Much, much better from Djokovic, who appears to be hitting his stride now on serve. The Serb races through a love service hold, sealing it with an ace to maintain his advantage and put all the pressure back on Mayer.
- - DJOKOVIC 3-1 - Mayer gets off the mark, much to the delight of the crowd who clearly want to see a competitive match, with a hold to 30. Djokovic fires a slightly wild inside out forehand well long and also a little wide to hand the German the game, Mayer keeping the deficit down to just the one break.
- - DJOKOVIC 3-0 - Another unconvincing service game from Djokovic as he finds himself pegged back to deuce for a second straight time. This time though, Mayer manages to turn deuce into his advantage with a blistering cross court forehand winner, after a great peice of anticipation on the Djokovic forehand approach shot. The Serb saves it but hands Mayer a second chance with a forehand long. Again Djokovic saves it though before going on to hold with an emphatic ace to consolidate the break.
- - DJOKOVIC 2-0 - BREAK! Djokovic races out to two very early break points as the Mayer serve fails to have much of an impact. Only the one is needed in the end as Mayer's well-timed trip into the net ends with an admittedly tricky forehand volley into the top of the net.
- - DJOKOVIC 1-0 - A slightly rusty opening service game from Djokovic as he gives Mayer a look in at deuce. But the Serb works his way into the net, forcing Mayer to cover the entire baseline in the process, before firing down a smash to bring up advantage. The world number one then holds with ease and he is off the mark.
01:45 - So, here we go then. Djokovic won the toss and will serve first to get this clash underway ...
01:37 - Finally, belatedly, the players walk out on court with Mayer leading the way followed by Djokovic. This is the world number one's first match back since losing the Wimbledon final to Andy Murray.
01:15 - These two have met each other four times before with Djokovic leading the head-to-heads by four wins to zero. In fact, the Serb has never even dropped a set to the German, their most recent meeting being a 6-3 7-5 6-4 victory for Djokovic at Wimbledon just over a month ago.
01:13 - Florian Mayer, meanwhile, came through a tough opening battle with Bernard Tomic, eventually upsetting the Aussie 5-7 6-3 6-3.
01:12 - This is actually a second round match but Djokovic, as in all the Masters tournaments, had a bye in the first round along with the rest of the top nine seeds.
01:11 - Hello and welcome to LIVE coverage of world number one Novak Djokovic's first match from the Montreal Masters.
|Date of Birth||22/05/1987|
|Date of Birth||05/10/1983|