No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - So world number one Novak Djokovic is safely through to the quarter-finals with a very impressive win in just 78 minutes. Next up for the Serb will be Russian 21st seed Mikhail Youzhny. Men's drawsheet.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 6-0 6-0 - GAME, SET & MATCH! An inside out forehand winner across court opens the game for Djokovic but three straight errors from the world number one and he hands Granollers a first break point of the match with a forehand long. Djokovic saves it with a more controlled forehand winner across court before bringing up match point. And one match point is all he needs, drawing Granollers up to the net with a drop shot before cheekily lobbing the Spaniard.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 6-0 5-0 - BREAK! Granollers really can't do anything to stop Djokovic's momentum now as the Serb races through another break to love. Granollers' defensive lob attempt on break point is not quite good enough and Djokovic easily buries his smash winner. The top seed will serve for the match after the change of ends.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 6-0 4-0 - Djokovic posts yet another lightning quick service hold to love to continue his relentless march towards the quarter-finals, starting the game with a backhand winner down the line and finishing it with a forehand winner down the opposite line.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 6-0 3-0 - BREAK! Sensational finish from Djokovic to seal another break and a 10th straight game. Granollers saves the first break point with a smash winner but can do nothing about the second as Djokovic finds a brilliantly angled forehand volley across court.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 6-0 2-0 - Another forehand sails long from Granollers as Djokovic holds to 30 to consolidate the early break in this third, and surely final, set. The Spaniard is simply being out-hit and out-thought by Djokovic from all parts of the court.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 6-0 1-0 - BREAK! Granollers endulges in a spot of serve and volley on the first point of the set and is promptly reminded why he hasn't used that tactic more often today as Djokovic whips a backhand return down the line as a passing shot winner. And Granollers goes on to drop his serve to love again.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 6-0 - SET! A kicking second serve out wide followed by a cross court forehand volley winner from Djokovic is intelligent play in the swirling wind as it cuts out room for error. He forehand winner down the line on the next point brings up three set points before the Serb serves out the set to 30 with yet another forehand winner.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 5-0 - BREAK! Again Djokovic covers the net so well as he easily anticipates Granollers cross court passing shot attempt to dink a forehand volley over the net and break for a third straight time in this set. And it leaves him serving for the bagel set after the change of ends.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 4-0 - Djokovic is playing a very nice all court game today and races into the net behind a sliced backhand approach shot on his way to a hold to 15 to consolidate the double break.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 3-0 - BREAK! Djokovic hangs his head in frustration when he nets a change-of-direction backhand to initially squander the chance to bring up another break point. Granollers comes back to level at 30-all before the world number one works his way into the mid-court again and find a cross court backhand winner. And Granollers, in the end, gifts him the break with another double fault.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 2-0 - A netted backhand from Granollers, on the stretch, brings up three game points for Djokovic. But the Serb only needs the one, once again, scampering up the court after a big serve and whipping his forehand away across court for a winner.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 1-0 - BREAK! Djokovic grabs the early break in this second set, getting the dipping backhand return across court just right so that Granollers, endulging in a spot of serve and volley, can only net off the backhand wing despite crouching down to play the volley.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 - SET! Excellent footwork from Djokovic as he dances around the ball in the mid-court to fire his inside-out forehand across court for a winner on his way to fashioning three set points. Once again though, the world number one seals the game with an ace down the centre of the court. And with that game goes the first set.
- - DJOKOVIC 5-3 - A solid service game from Granollers as he asks Djokovic to serve it out. The Spaniard even sealed the game with an ace to match Djokovic from the previous game.
- - DJOKOVIC 5-2 - A fantastic second serve ace down the centre of the court from Djokovic seals the break with a very comfortable service hold. And Granollers will have to serve to stay in this set after the change of ends.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-2 - BREAK! A deep forehand from Djokovic can only be put back into the net by Granollers, who has had hold chances in this game. But instead he finds himself staring at a break point. And the pressure gets too much as he slaps down a double fault to concede.
- - DJOKOVIC 2-1 - Over on Arthur Ashe, Djokovic and Marcel Granollers are already in action with the first three games going with serve. We'll be moving over to focus on that match as soon as Hewitt-Youzhny has done.
|Date of Birth||22/05/1987|
|Date of Birth||12/04/1986|