|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - Next up for Nadal will be fellow Spaniard Tommy Robredo. Robredo, of course, putting out Roger Federer just a couple of hours ago. Men's drawsheet.
- - NADAL 6-7(4) 6-4 6-3 6-1 - GAME, SET & MATCH! Nadal sends a running forehand just wide down the line to allow Kohlschreiber to level at 30-all. But a big first serve down the centre of the court brings up a first match point after three hours and 12 minutes. He only needs the one match point though, again serving down the T and again drawing the netted return from Kohlschreiber.
- - NADAL 6-7(4) 6-4 6-3 5-1 - Kohlschreiber unleashes on a single-handed inside-out backhand winner across court to bring up a game point to avoid the bagel set and at least force Nadal to serve for the match. And the one chance is all he needs as he produces a cross court forehand that Nadal can only return into the net down the line. The world number two will serve for the match though.
- - NADAL 6-7(4) 6-4 6-3 5-0 - Nadal squanders a first game point with a netted forehand approach shot but holds to 30 with a forehand passing shot across court that catches the top of the net. Kohlschreiber is right there but the deflection off the net takes the ball out of his path and Nadal holds. The German will have to serve to keep this match alive after the change of ends.
- - NADAL 6-7(4) 6-4 6-3 4-0 - BREAK! Nadal secures the double break, this time to 30, when Kohlschreiber pulls his angled cross court forehand just marginally wide into the tramlines. Nadal is now potentially just two games away from a place in the quarter-finals.
- - NADAL 6-7(4) 6-4 6-3 3-0 - Nadal races through a love service hold to consolidate the break, four straight return errors from Kohlschreiber. The German appears to be fading badly after that failure to break in the opening game of this set.
- - NADAL 6-7(4) 6-4 6-3 2-0 - BREAK! Kohlscreiber dumps a tired looking backhand into the net to hand Nadal two more break points. But the Spaniard only needs the one, whipping a cross court forehand winner right onto the outside of the sidelines to put him even more in control of this clash.
- - NADAL 6-7(4) 6-4 6-3 1-0 - Kohlschreiber finally earns himself a first break point of the night. And he does all the hard work of moving Nadal out of position only to put what should be a fairly easy smash into the bottom of the net. And that's the chance gone as Nadal quickly holds to get this fourth set off the mark.
- - NADAL 6-7(4) 6-4 6-3 - SET! Nadal earns himself two set points in double quick time, but one is all it takes as Kohlschreiber moves up the court and goes for the inside-out forehand winner across court only to push the ball just slightly wide into the tramlines.
- - NADAL 6-7(4) 6-4 5-3 - Kohlschreiber moves up the court for a second serve from Nadal only to put his backhand return into the net to help the Spaniard on his way to another hold to 15, a forehand drop shot winner sealing the game for Nadal. Kohlschreiber will have to serve to stay in the set next.
- - NADAL 6-7(4) 6-4 4-3 - Kohlschreiber races through a comfortable love service hold, sealing the game with an ace to remain just the one break down in this third set.
- - NADAL 6-7(4) 6-4 4-2 - A running forehand error, followed by a regulation forehand long from Nadal sees him squander the chance for the Spaniard to hold to love. But he wraps up the game at the third attempt when he finally finds another forehand winner.
- - NADAL 6-7(4) 6-4 3-2 - A fantastic point from Kohlschreiber as he somehow sticks with Nadal, the Spaniard failing to put away a volley, before leaping up to put away a very tricky smash. It seals a hold to 15 for the German, who remains just the one break down.
- - NADAL 6-7(4) 6-4 3-1 - Nadal's forehand really is firing now as he opens the game with another winner off that wing before he goes on to hold for the loss of just the one point when Kohlschreiber nets a forehand of his own.
- - NADAL 6-7(4) 6-4 2-1 - BREAK! Kohlschreiber looks set to enjoy an easier service game at 40-15 but Nadal pegs him back to level at deuce before earning himself yet another break point. And this time he does take the lead, riffling a forehand winner over the net. Nadal is ahead for the first time in the match.
- - NADAL 6-7(4) 6-4 1-1 - Nadal eases through a service hold to 15 when Kohlschreiber nets a defensive forehand moving backwards as he does so. The German has been under immense pressure on his serve, but has played the big points well. Can he continue to stand up to Nadal?
- - NADAL 6-7(4) 6-4 0-1 - Just brutal hitting from Nadal as he scampers across the baseline, at full stretch, and belts a forehand passing shot winner down the line to bring up an early break point. Kohlschreiber saves it with a big serve and then also a second with a great approach shot off which Nadal can only net a forehand. Nadal earns himself a third chance though with a flicked backhand passing shot winner down the line but again it goes begging as do five more before Kohlschreiber can hold.
- - NADAL 6-7(4) 6-4 - SET! A big swinging serve out wide from Nadal followed by an easy forehand winner down the opposite line off the defensive return and it brings up two set points for Nadal. He only needs the one though levelling the match with another big serve and forehand combo which leaves Kohlschreiber netting his forehand.
- - NADAL 6-7(4) 5-4 - Nadal produces a sensational forehand winner down the line to put more pressure on the Kohlschreiber serve, but the German is equal to the task this time as he rattles a forehand winner of his own down the line to bring up game point before holding when Nadal fails to land a backhand return.
- - NADAL 6-7(4) 5-3 - Nadal produces an absolutely exquisite backhand drop shot that goes just over the net and bounces twice, before Kohlscreiber can get there, on his way to a hold to consolidate the break, sealing it with a swinging serve and high forehand volley winner. Kohlschreiber will have to serve to stay in the set, next.
- - NADAL 6-7(4) 4-3 - BREAK! Nadal finally makes the break through, bringing up two break points with a great lob that Kohlschrieber can only flick wide across court with his back to Nadal after chasing back. This time, though, the Spaniard breaks on the first as Kohlschreiber goes for too much on his cross court forehand and sends the ball well wide.
- - NADAL 6-7(4) 3-3 - Nadal brings up two more game points with an ace, just his second of the match so far. But he only needs the one chance to hold again and keep the pressure on Kohlscreiber as the German fails to find the court with a forehand.
- - NADAL 6-7(4) 2-3 - Nadal just misses a forehand long before Kohlschreiber just lands one (both calls being challenged) and the German goes on to hold when Nadal cannot get a backhand reply in court.
- - NADAL 6-7(4) 2-2 - Nadal cruises through a service hold to 15, backing away from the ball to fire his inside out forehand across court for a winner.. The Spaniard levels up once again.
- - NADAL 6-7(4) 2-1 - Another forehand passing shot winner from Nadal brings up three more break points. Kohlschreiber saves all three before Nadal brings up a fourth with a brutal backhand winner across court. Again Kohlschreiber saves it though and this time he goes on to hold with a sensational forehand winner down the line.
- - NADAL 6-7(4) 1-1 - Nadal levels up with a hold to 15, Kohlschreiber a little tentative on a forehand drive volley that the Spaniard is able to belt away for a forehand passing shot winner down the line.
- - NADAL 6-7(4) 0-1 - Kohlschreiber posts a love service hold, including an ace, to seal the opening game of the second set after a lengthy delay that saw both players leave the court at the end of the set.
- - NADAL 6-7(4) - SET! Kohlschreiber only needs the one set point, riffling a forehand across court and into the corner and drawing the error from Nadal, who can only put his backhand into the very bottom of the net.
- - NADAL 6-6 (4-6) - TIE-BREAK! A big serve down the centre of the court from Kohlschreiber is return long by Nadal to hand the German two set points, the first of which is on his serve...
- - NADAL 6-6 (2-4) - TIE-BREAK! A shockingly poor drop shot attempt by Nadal is duly dispatched by Kohlschreiber, a backhand volley winner on the follow-up grabbing him the mini-break, which he extends with a ferocious backhand winner across court. Nadal pegs one point back before the change of ends though when Kohlschreiber goes for the high cross court forehand into Nadal's backhand only to overhit the ball.
- - NADAL 6-6 - A great first serve from Kohlschreiber is just thumped back down the line from Nadal to bring up three set points. The German comes up with three stunning first serves to save them all before Nadal can deny his opponent on a first game point with a screaming backhand winner across court. But Kohlschreiber puts together another two stunning points to seal the hold with a forehand winner and force the first set tie-break.
- - NADAL 6-5 - We're going to leap straight over to the Arthur Ashe where there have so far been no breaks of serve and, for that matter, no break points in the opening 11 games of the match.
- - Rafael Nadal is just about getting his clash underway over on Arthur Ashe against Germany's Philipp Kohlschreiber. Of course we will bring you all the news on that clash as it develops but for now we are going to keep our focus firmly on Federer and this upset brewing with Robredo.
|Date of Birth||16/10/1983|
|Date of Birth||03/06/1986|