|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
|J Del Potro||3||6||3||-||-|
- - The result means Djokovic has booked his place in the last four alongside Group A's first qualifier, Rafael Nadal. Del Potro will face Federer in his final round-robin match of Group B to decide which one of them joins the world's top two in the semi finals.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 3-6 6-3 - GAME, SET & MATCH! Djokovic is in no mood to hand back the initiative and some astute net play lines up three match points. Once again, he needs just one as he flashes a stunning shot down the line to make it 19 matches unbeaten.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 3-6 5-3 - The world number five keeps his hopes alive with some big hitting. A net cord at 40-15 gives Nole a chance but he follows it up with a weak attempt to ensure Del Potro has an opportunity to break back. Djokovic to serve for the match.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 3-6 5-2 - The fine margins of top-class tennis illustrated in the last three games, as Del Potro's momentum is completely quashed. The Djoker makes it three in a row and is now one game away from victory after consolidating to 15.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 3-6 4-2 - BREAK! A huge net cord at 0-30 goes the way of Djokovic as Del Potro can only guide an attempted pick-up shot long. It gifts the world number two three set points, but he only needs one as the Argentine completes a miserable service game with another long forehand.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 3-6 3-2 - This time it's Del Potro's turn to cry out in anguish as he fires an attempted winner down the line well wide at 30-15. Djokovic takes full advantage, rattling through the next two points to hold with ease.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 3-6 2-2 - A huge scream shows just how frustrated Djokovic is out there. He returns a tame second serve from Del Potro long at 15-15 and clearly feels it was a key moment in the game as he goes down without troubling the Argentine again. This match is so finely balanced.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 3-6 2-1 - A big, big hold for Djokovic. The Serb is visibly shaken but Del Potro can't take advantage. The Argentine fails to make the most of two break points, allowing the Djoker a get-out-of-jail-free card. At deuce there is a clear shift in Novak's demeanour and he manages to raise his level and hold when Del Potro fires long.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 3-6 1-1 - Is Novak rattled? The Serb delays Del Potro at 40-15, complaining about a camera flash. If it was a tactic to unsettle the Argentine's rhythm it briefly works before Delpo crashes down another beast of a serve to level it up.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 3-6 1-0 - At 40-0 it looks like being the ideal start to the final set from the world number two. But the Serb miscues with a shot down the line and then feels the full venom of Delpo's forehand as the game takes an interesting twist. The giant Argentine then engages Nole in a rally but hooks a tame attempt into the net to give his opponent the edge.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 3-6 - SET! Like a true champion, Djokovic refuses to go down without a fight and those super-fast reactions see him defy the Del Potro serve to leave it finely poised at 30-30. It's looking like a nervy moment for the Argentine but he's gifted set point when Nole gets his angles wrong from a dominant position in the rally - and he levels up the match at one set all as Djokovic fails to return a thunderous first serve.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 3-5 - The reigning champion ensures Juan Martin has a little more work to do to get the set with a return to form on his own serve. A game to love, including another fizzing ace, ends all too quickly.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 2-5 - The momentum has definitely shifted here. It's come out of the blue but Del Potro is on fire. An ace puts him 40-0 up and he wraps up the game when a wide serve leaves Nole in no man's land, leading to a weak forehand on the stretch that limps into the net.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 2-4 - BREAK! Wow, who saw that coming? There's a glimmer of hope for Del Potro as his forehand on the run just clips the tramline to put him 0-30 up. A Djokovic ace pegs him back before the Serb nets an easy forehand to tee up two break points. An epic rally ensues until Delpo's crosscourt forehand smashes the net and drops over, leaving Djokovic with no chance. Are we heading for three sets?
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 2-3 -The crowd are doing their best to help ignite this contest and their shouts of encouragement appear to lift Del Potro as he races to a 40-0 lead. Djokovic responds with two moments of sheer class before firing long to hand the game to the Argentine.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 2-2 - An ace gets the Djoker off to a flyer but there's a gasp of surprise from the crowd when he misses the line with an angled forehand, such has been his accuracy tonight. It is merely a brief respite for Del Potro though, as the world number two races through the gears to level it up at 2-2.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 1-2 - Just when Del Potro feels like he's got a rhythm going Djokovic hits him with something spellbinding. At 40-15 it's looking routine until the Serb unleashes a stunning return of serve to bring the doubts flooding back for Delpo. But, to his credit, the Argentine digs in and forces Djokovic to pass a forehand into the net to hold.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 1-1 -Too good from the Djoker as he offers no chink of light to Del Potro with another perfect service game. He's lost just six points on his serve all night - three of which came in the first game - and he wraps up this one in double-quick time with a crashing volley at the net.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 0-1 -Del Potro gives himself a confidence boost with a dismissive overhead at 15-15 and follows it up by rocketing down an ace to take control. Djokovic then nets an attempt down the line to hand the game to the Argentine to 15. Just what the world number five needed after being blown away in the final few games of that first set.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 - SET! The Serb is in the groove and Del Potro offers very little resistance. The Argentine can only prod a probing forehand back into the net to tee up three set points - and Djokovic seals it with his third ace of the match.
- - DJOKOVIC 5-3 - A great response from Del Potro as he makes the most of the new balls to cannon down a series of un-returnable serves, with ace number five helping him towards an easy game to 15 just when he needed it. Djokovic to serve for the first set now.
- - DJOKOVIC 5-2 - Superb once again from Djokovic as he eases through his service game to consolidate the break to 15. The Serbian appears to be getting better and better with each passing moment of this contest. That's bad news for Delpo.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-2 - BREAK! The relentless machine that is Djokovic continues to wear away at the Del Potro serve and on this occasion he finally makes the break. The big Argentine is forced to combine some wonderful ground strokes and big serving just too stay with the Djoker. The Serbian can't make his first break point count but eventually erodes Delpo's resistance, forcing him to fire well wide with a shot down the line. So, it's Del Potro who is first to blink in this high quality showdown.
- - DJOKOVIC 3-2 - As expected, this match is proving to be very tight. Del Potro responds to his troubles in the previous game by cranking up the heat on the Djokovic serve. He gets within range at 30-30 but is then undone by some Djokovic magic and a miscued return.
- - DJOKOVIC 2-2 - A strange choice of shot sees Del Potro slice to the baseline at 30-30. Djokovic doesn't need asking twice, blitzing a forehand into the right-hand corner of Delpo's court to pile on the pressure. The Argentine saves the break point and then repeats the trick on two more occasions with some big serving, including a second ace of the match. It's brave stuff from the world number five and he eventually holds when Djokovic sweeps a powerful forehand well wide of the right tramline.
- - DJOKOVIC 2-1 - Much more impressive from the Serbian as he takes the game to love with an angled forehand that clips the line. That's eight points on the spin on his own serve. It's fair to say the world number two has now settled into the contest.
- - DJOKOVIC 1-1 - A solid service game from Delpo. The world number five fires down a couple of missiles to take control and then thumps home an ace to take it to 15.
- - DJOKOVIC 1-0 - Shaky start for the defending champion who misfires a couple of forehands to offer up two break points to the Argentine. Del Potro nets the first before a lengthy rally ends with Nole fizzing in crosscourt forehand to take it to deuce. The Djoker then eases to the next two points to hold.
- - Here we go, Djokovic to get us underway...
20.10 - HEAD-TO-HEAD: Unsurprisingly, Djokovic dominates the head-to-head having won 10 of their 13 meetings and six of the last seven.
20.08 - Del Potro wins the coin toss and elects to receive first, so it'll be Djokovic who gets us underway shortly. First of all, it's time for the warm up.
20.06 - Nole is unbeaten since the US Open and the Bookies' favourite to retain the title. Will he edge closer to it with a victory here? Or can the Argentine, who has won 16 of his last 18 matches, pull off an upset? Tweet Paul Hassall your views.
20.05 - This is the second round-robin match for both of these players with each of them triumphing in their opening encounter. Djokovic overcame Federer in a dominant third set decider while Del Potro beat Gasquet in an epic contest. The winner tonight will secure a place in the last four.
20.02 - Earlier today Roger Federer kept alive his hopes of a seventh season-ending tour title with an efficient triumph over Frenchman Richard Gasquet. MATCHCAST: R Federer v R Gasquet
20.00 - Good evening and welcome to LIVE coverage of the Group B showdown between Novak Djokovic and Juan Martin Del Potro at the ATP World Tour finals.
|Date of Birth||22/05/1987|
|Date of Birth||23/09/1988|