|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - WILLIAMS 6-3 4-6 3-6 IVANOVIC - Absolutely sensational stuff from Ivanovic as she calmly goes about wrapping up the match with a service hold to love when Williams goes long with a forehand. Ivanovic is through to the quarter-finals with her very first win over Serena Williams and she awaits the winner between Casey Dellacqua and Eugenie Bouchard.
- - GAME, SET AND MATCH ANA IVANOVIC!!
- - WILLIAMS 6-4 3-6 3-5 IVANOVIC - A mis-hit backhand return from Williams across court hands Ivanovic the first point and that quickly becomes three more match points for the Serb. Good lord this is tense ...
- - WILLIAMS 6-4 3-6 3-5 IVANOVIC - Williams levels up at 30-all before another brilliant point from Ivanovic brings up match point. Ivanovic goes for the barn-storming forehand winner down the line only to net the ball and Williams holds with a service winner and a booming forehand. Ivanovic will serve for the match next though.
- - WILLIAMS 6-4 3-6 2-5 15-30 IVANOVIC - Another sensational return winner to open the game by Ivanovic before Williams levels at 15-all with a decent enough attempt at a passing shot that Ivanovic can only return wide. Ivanovic sneaks ahead again with an injection of pace on a forehand down the line that Williams pulls wide across court. And then the American is given a time violation. Could this get any more tense?
- - WILLIAMS 6-4 3-6 2-5 IVANOVIC - Wow! Ivanovic has not been this calm in years. She is taking it all in her stride and cruises through a love service hold of her own to leave herself potentially just one game away from a very first victory over Serena Williams. Back-to-back errors from Williams followed by a couple of huge serves from Ivanovic and the American will have to serve to stay in the match next.
- - WILLIAMS 6-4 3-6 2-4 IVANOVIC - Williams opens up with back-to-back aces before going on to post a second love service hold in quick succession with another couple of big serves that Ivanovic can only net in reply. Gah. This match is incredibly tense right now.
- - WILLIAMS 6-4 3-6 1-4 IVANOVIC - An absolutely ridiculous net-cord goes the way of Ivanovic as her backhand is going well wide until the ball catches the net and redirects in play. Ivanovic grimaces like that may have really awoken the anger in Williams, before letting herself enjoy a little grin! The Serb takes the next point with an incredible, booming forehand winner across court before going on to hold with a change of direction backhand that Williams can only net.
- - WILLIAMS 6-4 3-6 1-3 IVANOVIC - Williams takes an absolute age between points, way over the allowed 20 seconds, as she attempts to calm herself down and it seems to work to a point and she stops the rot and holds to get off the mark in this final set. Will one break of serve be enough for Ivanovic
- - WILLIAMS 6-4 3-6 0-3 IVANOVIC - Williams unleashes a huge forehand return winner to let out a spot of frustration on the opening point of the game. But Ivanovic crouches down and flicks a forehand winner down the line on her way to bringing up two game points. Williams denies her on the first with a brutal cross court forehand but a forehand return long helps Ivanovic hold and consolidate the break in this final set.
- - BREAK - WILLIAMS 6-4 3-6 0-2 IVANOVIC - More noise from Williams now although Ivanovic thumps a forehand return winner down the line, a forehand winner across court and a second forehand return winner down the line. It's three break points for the Serb but she only needs the one as she flicks a cross court forehand return away that Williams can only dump into the net. Extraordinary scenes on Rod Laver Arena!
- - WILLIAMS 6-4 3-6 0-1 IVANOVIC - Another very solid service hold from Ivanovic as she ignores all the gesturing and muttering from Williams at the other end of the net. Ivanovic belts a forehand winner down the line to seal the game as Williams shrugs towards her camp.
- - Absolutely brilliant stuff from Ivanovic in that second set. It's the first set Ivanovic has EVER taken from Serena in five attempts! And she is pumped!
- - SET - WILLIAMS 6-4 3-6 IVANOVIC - Williams is incredibly sluggish to move to a forehand and instead Ivanovic works her way towards two set points, bring them up with another booming return that lands right on the line. Williams saves the first with a big first serve out wide followed by a foreand winner down the line. And she saves the second with an ace down the centre of the court. But Ivanovic get a third chance and this time she does grab it with an inside out forehand winner across court!
- - WILLIAMS 6-4 3-5 IVANOVIC - Fantastic stuff from Ivanovic again as she makes light of any Williams pressure and races through a service hold to love. A forehand winner brings up three game points for the Serb before she seals the game with an ace, her first of the match.
- - WILLIAMS 6-4 3-4 IVANOVIC - A golden chance for Ivanovic to secure the double break and she finds herself in possession of another two break points. But she can't take advantage of either of them, Williams delighted to eventually get the game (and letting out a scream) when an Ivanovic backhand across court drifts long.
- - WILLIAMS 6-4 2-4 IVANOVIC - Great stuff from Ivanovic as she backs up the break this time with a hold to consolidate. A forehand winner and a huge first serve see Ivanovic get off to a quick start before Williams pegs her back. But the Serb holds her ground and seals the game when the American fails to land a backhand.
- - BREAK - WILLIAMS 6-4 2-3 IVANOVIC - Perfect timing on a forehand return from Ivanovic leaves Williams rooted to the spot. And the Serb quickly follows it up with an off-forehand across court that Williams can only net. A huge second serve saves the break point for Williams but Ivanovic gets a second chance. And this time the Serb does break, albeit getting a little lucky when Williams nets a make-able forehand passing shot attempt.
- - WILLIAMS 6-4 2-2 - Another absolutely belting cross court forehand from Ivanovic helps her seal the hold that keeps her on serve in this second set. Ivanovic had appeared to get herself in a spot of bother, getting too close to the ball but she whipped it away for the forehand winner nonetheless
- - WILLIAMS 6-4 2-1 IVANOVIC - Just a few signs of frustration from Williams bubbling up at Ivanovic pushes her all the way to deuce before the American can find a huge first serve to help seal things when Ivanovic fails to find the court with back-to-back forehands
- - WILLIAMS 6-4 1-1 IVANOVIC - Ivanovic completely takes Williams by surprise with a brutal injection of pace on a cross court forehand on her way to another comfortable service hold. The early stages of this second set is shaping up much like the first
- - WILLIAMS 6-4 1-0 IVANOVIC - Great hands up at the net from Ivanovic as she charges up on back-to-back points before guiding backhand drop shots over into the open court. But Williams somehow finds a way to hold serve and sneak further ahead in this match
- - SET - WILLIAMS 6-4 IVANOVIC - Ouch. Scoreboard pressure telling on Ivanovic in that game as she dumps a forehand into the net to concede her serve for the second time, this time handing Williams the opening set with it. Just a poor game from Ivanovic at exactly the wrong time there.
- - WILLIAMS 5-4 IVANOVIC - Williams quickly follows an ace with a double fault to squander another game point. But she holds at the second attempt with a second ace in the game and Ivanovic will have to serve to stay in this opening set, next.
- WILLIAMS 4-4 IVANOVIC - Ivanovic works her way into the net and dinks a neat backhand volley just over the net to hold to love and get her serve working properly once more.
- - WILLIAMS 4-3 IVANOVIC - Ivanovic again leaps all over a shorter second serve from Willliams to batter the ball across court. But it's only a temporary respite to the Williams pressure as Ivnanovic goes for too much on a forehand return
- - BREAK - WILLIAMS 3-3 IVANOVIC - Ouch. A very determined world number one as she earns herself three immediate break back points with a forehand winner. But Williams only needs the one to get this set back on track as Ivanovic slaps down a double fault to concede the game.
- - BREAK - WILLIAMS 2-3 IVANOVIC - Confident stuff again from Ivanovic as she works Williams around the court before tracking back for a forehand rather than going for the smash. The Serb brings up another break point with a forehand return of serve, which she lands right on the baseline, and this time she does secure the break when Williams nets a forehand.
- - WILLIAMS 2-2 IVANOVIC - An absolutely sensational off-forehand across court from Ivanovic lands right on the sideline sees her kick off the game in style before she out-paces Williams from the baseline to double her lead in the game. A forehand drive volley into the net from the American, followed by a second netted forehand, this time off the ground, and Ivanovic has the hold that levels up once again.
- - WILLIAMS 2-1 IVANOVIC - Superb defending from Ivanovic as she chases from side-to-side-to-side around the baseline, making Williams play one more shot. That one more shot as it turns out is a smash into the bottom of the net. But apart from that one dropped point, Williams eases through and holds with a backhand passing shot winner across court off the shorter ball
- - WILLIAMS 1-1 IVANOVIC - Not a great start on serve from Ivanovic as she promptly drops the first two points before somehow forcing her way back into the game and going on to hold with a big serve that Serena can only return long. It really looks as though Ivanovic believes she could win this match today.
- - WILLIAMS 1-0 IVANOVIC - An easy ace out wide from Williams is a great way for the American to start the match. Two blistering forehand winners from Ivanovic followed by a perfect sliced backhand drop shot earns the Serb an early break point. Williams saves it but slaps down a double fault to gift Ivanovic a second chance and then another double gives her a third chance. But Williams saves them all before just securing the hold, at the first attempt.
- - Here we go then. The players are just about ready to go; Ivanovic jogging out to the baseline, Williams wandering nonchalantly. It will be Williams to get the clash underway by serving first ...
- - It's fairly cloudy out and about in Melbourne today but just about perfect tennis weather. The current temperature is 20 degrees and there is the odd bit of sun poking out from behind the light and fluffy white clouds.
- - Ivanovic makes her way out on to court looking pretty calm and collected. Williams also looks pretty comfortable as she makes her way out with her pink Beatz headphones on. Pink to match the rest of her outfit.
- - There has been talk that Serena Williams has been struggling a little with a troublesome back injury but that, as yet, is just rumour.
- - ROUTE THROUGH - To get to this stage of the tournament, Williams has overcome Australian Ashleigh Barty, Serbia's Vesna Dolonc and Daniela Hantuchova all in straight sets. Ivanovic, meanwhile, has beaten Kiki Bertens and Annika Beck in straight sets before having to recover from a set down to beat 17th seed and home hope Sam Stosur in the third round.
- - STATS - These two have met each other, surprisingly, only four times before. Worryingly for the Ivanovic camp, though, she has never won a match against Serena. The world number one has taken victory in each of those four previous encounters. In fact, even worse than that, Ivanovic has never even taken a set off Williams.
- - Hello and welcome to LIVE coverage from this fourth round clash between world number one Serena Williams, five-times a former champion in Melbourne, and Ana Ivanovic, who was runner-up at Melbourne Park in 2008.
|Date of Birth||26/09/1981|
|Date of Birth||06/11/1987|