|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - GAME, SET & MATCH - DJOKOVIC 6-2 4-6 2-6 6-3 7-9 WAWRINKA – He's done it!! Wawrinka has dumped out the triple reigning champion. Nole races to 30-0, but Stan fights back to 30-30 before the Serb misses with two wild volleys. He will face Berdych in the semis.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-2 4-6 2-6 6-3 7-8 WAWRINKA – Brilliant. Truly brilliant tennis from Wawrinka. The Swiss races to 40-0, despite the intense pressure to serve out another game. Nole is able to read the next serve, sending it back with interest as he dictates the rally and claims the point. That's all he gets, though, as Stan produces a wonderful one-two end the game.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-2 4-6 2-6 6-3 7-7 WAWRINKA – Another relatively comfortable hold for Djokovic, who goes down 0-15 on his service game. The crowd try to get behind Stan, but the Serb shows his mental toughness to send down four big serves on his way to the hold.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-2 4-6 2-6 6-3 6-7 WAWRINKA – This match is so hard to call. It continues to ebb and flow. Stan takes a 30-0 lead but is pegged back by two huge forehands from the Serb. The eighth seed shows his resolves, though, digging in deep to carve out a vital game point of which he takes as Nole forehand drops long of the baseline. The second seed will now serve to stay in the match. Again.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-2 4-6 2-6 6-3 6-6 WAWRINKA – No problems for Nole as he races into a 40-0 lead without barely a rally to speak of. A booming forehand clips the line to see a hold to love and the pressure is now back on Wawrinka.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-2 4-6 2-6 6-3 5-6 WAWRINKA - We wait for the court to be cleared and when play resumes, Wawrinka slams in a brilliant ace to force Djokovic to serve to stay in the match once again.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-2 4-6 2-6 6-3 5-5 15-40 WAWRINKA - Djokovic goes for just too much of an angle on a cross court backhand and puts the ball just wide to hand Wawrinka two game points for the hold. And then the rain starts coming down. So now we'll have a delay to see if its only a short sharp shower or whether the roof needs to be shut.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-2 4-6 2-6 6-3 5-5 WAWRINKA - Djokovic shrugs off the pressure of serving to stay in the match and batters down three huge serves on his way to a love service hold. Pressure? What pressure? We're all square once again.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-2 4-6 2-6 6-3 4-5 WAWRINKA - Wawrinka races through a love service hold to put himself potentially only one game away from a place in the semi-finals. Djokovic will have to serve to keep his title defence alive after the change of ends.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-2 4-6 2-6 6-3 4-4 WAWRINKA - A comparatively easy game for Djokovic in that he doensn't have to face break points on his way to a hold. The defending champion holds to 30 to level up once more as this final set reaches crunch point.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-2 4-6 2-6 6-3 3-4 WAWRINKA - Extraordinary defence from Djokovic and again he has break point as he goes increasingly low with his sliced backhands, eventually drawing the netted forehand from Wawrinka. Wawrinka saves it though with another ace before going on to hold when Djokovic pulls a forehand long of the baseline.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-2 4-6 2-6 6-3 3-3 WAWRINKA - Djokovic to holds to love to level up once more, Wawrinka cutting a bakchand drop shot attempt short and into the net.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-2 4-6 2-6 6-3 2-3 WAWRINKA - Still the twists and turns in this match are not done yet as Wawrinka is forced to save another break point before going on to hold with an ace and sneak out in front once more.
- - BREAK - DJOKOVIC 6-2 4-6 2-6 6-3 2-2 WAWRINKA - Just when it looked as though Djokovic was beginnig to get a handle on his match, Wawrinka suddenly has two break back points after the Serb loops a forehand long. But only the one break back point is needed by the Serb as he hits long down the centre of the court to gift Wawarinkka the break back.
- - BREAK - DJOKOVIC 6-2 4-6 2-6 6-3 2-1 WAWRINKA - A double fault from Wawrinka does not help his cause as it allows Djokovic back to deuce in this third game. And an incredible angle on the cross court forehand from the Serb after a lengthy rally is enough to secure the break when and over-stretched Wawrinka can only slash at a forehand back along the ground and into the net.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-2 4-6 2-6 6-3 1-1 WAWRINKA - Djokovic races through a love service hold to open the first set. Who will lose thier nerve first?
- - DJOKOVIC 6-2 4-6 2-6 6-3 0-1 WAWRINKA - Wawrinka races though a quick and comfortable service hold to stop the run of games against him and get his side of the scoreboard ticking over once more
- - SET - DJOKOVIC 6-2 4-6 2-6 6-3 WAWRINKA - Three aces in the game from Djokovic as he lets out a huge roar on landing th third and final ace to push to this match into a fifth desive sset. Wawrinka had a break back point but instead it is Djokovic that seals the set instead.
- - BREAK - DJOKOVIC 6-2 4-6 2-6 5-3 WAWRINKA - Wawrinka looks to be cruising towards a love service hold of his own only for Djokovic to unleash three very aggressive points back-to-back. That then becomes four as Djokovic lunges out towards a kicker and flicks his forehand service return down the line for a winner. It's break point Djokovic and the Serb does break with another huge forehand. Djokovic will serve for the fourth set next...
- - DJOKOVIC 6-2 4-6 2-6 4-3 WAWRINKA - Djokovic does drop a point on serve this time around but it's only a temprary blip for world number two. It's yet another quick service game, though, to put all the pressure bakc on serve.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-2 4-6 2-6 3-3 WAWRINKA - Just a few signs that Djokovic is lifting his intensity a little now as he takes the first to points ff the game. but Wawrinka holds firm and eventually manages to hold the longest game of the match so far.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-2 4-6 2-6 3-2 WAWRINKA - Ten straight points for Djokovic on serve now as he posts his second successive love service game, with a big serve out wide that Wawrinka can only return wide across court.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-2 4-6 2-6 2-2 WAWRINKA - Wawrinka has to make two attempts at a smash before going perilously close to the sideline with the cross court forehand volley and bring up a couple of game points. He squanders both of them, with a forehand wide down the line and then a backhand and Djokovic has a break point after a low, hard, spinning forehand passing shot winner across court. Wawrinka saves it with a backhand volley winner and then he goes on to hold.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-2 4-6 2-6 2-1 WAWRINKA - Djokovic finds just his third ace on his third ace on his way to a hold love service hold, sealed with a backhand winner. But the intensity we are used to seeing from Djokovic just isn't there and it hasn't been so for a couple of sets.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-2 4-6 2-6 1-1 WAWRINKA - Another tentative return from Djokovic sees the ball drop long. It's a late call and Djokovic appears to be thinking about challenging but instead he just shakes his head and Wawrinka has the hold.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-2 4-6 2-6 1-0 WAWRINKA - Djokovic throws in his first double fault of the match although why he felt the need to go for such a big second serve is interesting as he is clearly lacking confidence in his ground-strokes this evening. Still he holds for the first game of this fourth set.
- - SET - DJOKOVIC 6-2 4-6 2-6 WAWRINKA - So impressive now from Wawrinka as he serves out third set with a hold to 15. The one point dropped in that game comes from a double fault but apart from that the Swiss player does no wrong and Djokovic is going to have to recover from two sets to one down if he is to keep his title defence alive in Melbourne.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-2 4-6 2-5 WAWRINKA - Much more like the Djokovic we usually see as he races through a love service hold with a forehand winner and a smash winner. But Wawrinka will serve for the third set next...
- - DJOKOVIC 6-2 4-6 1-5 WAWRINKA - Djokovic is curiously flat as Wawrinka does not have too much trouble holding once again to consolidate the double break lead and leave the Serb serving to stay in this third set.
- - BREAK - DJOKOVIC 6-2 4-6 1-4 WAWRINKA - DJokovic is just in all sorts of trouble now and Wawrinka secures a second break of seve. The Swiss player isn't actually having to do all that much at the moment, it's all coming from Djokovic. When he's plarying well, hes can stick with Wawrinka when's he not is worringing times for hte Serb
- - DJOKOVIC 6-2 4-6 1-3 WAWRINKA - Another huge serve from Wawrinka, that Djokovic cannot return, the Serb lunging out to his backhand wing but only being about to get the ball sshortly of the net. That consolidates the break for Wawrinka and DJokovic is looking completely perplexed as to what to do next.
- - BREAK - DJOKOVIC 6-2 4-6 1-2 WAWRINKA - Well, well, well. Wawrinka is finding the range with his backhand now and so unleashes an early break in his favour early in this third set. Djokovic has just completely lost his intense early in htis third set
- - DJOKOVIC 6-2 4-6 1-1 WAWRINKA - Djokovic just sends a forehand, after running round the ball, wide down the line (called from the chair) to help Wawrinak on his way to another comfotable
- - DJOKOVIC 6-2 4-6 1-0 WAWRINKA - A very focused Djokovic to open the third set as he pushes Wawrinka around the baseline and holds to 30 when the Swiss player is stretched too wide out on the backhand wing and drops the ball short back into the net.
- - SET - DJOKOVIC 6-2 4-6 WAWRINKA - Wawrinka hacks down on a backhand which he dumps into the bottom of the net to hand Djokovic a point in the game and a small glimmer of hope of the break back. But Wawrinka quickly slams the door shot with a service winner and a big serve that Djokovic can not return in play. Wawrinka levels the match at one set apeice.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-2 4-5 WAWRINKA - Another love game from Djokovic as he slings all the pressure back over the net and on to the Swiss player's shoulders. The Serb, on game, point draws Wawrinka up to the net out wide with a great drop shot before dinking his forehand volley into the open court. Wawrinka will serve for the set after the change of ends though.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-2 3-5 WAWRINKA - Really impressive stuff from Wawrinka as he eases through a service hold, although a double fault makes things tighter than it need be when he allows Djokovic to get back to deuce. The Swiss thumps down an ace to seal the game though and Djokovic will have to serve to stay in this second set.
- - BREAK - DJOKOVIC 6-2 3-4 WAWRINKA - Djokovic is forced to defend another break point as Wawrinka punishes a sub-par backhand approach shot with a backhand winner passing shot down the line. And Wawrinka does secure the break with a blistering backhand down the line, right on to the line, of his own after a lengthy 20-plus stroke rally. It's match on, now.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-2 3-3 WAWRINKA - It's taken a set and a half but finally Wawrinka is looking like he is fully present in this match, although he is pushed to 30-all before managing to hold on with a big serve that the Serb can only return into the net.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-2 3-2 WAWRINKA - A nice love game for Djokovic as he puts a big serve out wide followed by a forehand winner back behind Wawrinka. That brings up the game points for the Serb, who only needs the one as Wawrinka fails to keep his return down this time.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-2 2-2 WARINKA - Wawrinka unleashes the fastest serve of the nich at 202kph to help further settle the Swiss, who then goes on to hold when Djokovic slices a backhand into the top of the net to put an end to that game
- - DJOKOVIC 6-2 2-1 WAWRINKA - All of a sudden Djokovic finds himself triple break point down. He saves the first two with much more solid grounddtrokes. It's a bit of a battle for the world number two but he takes things back to basics and gets his groundstrokes in waiting for Wawrinka to make the mistake. Which he does. Djokovic leads the second set.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-2 1-1 WAWRINKA - The Swiss eighth seed hits what is already his 17th error as he hands Djokovic a look at the break at 0-30 up. Wawrinka pegs him back to a much more positive rally where he gets Djokovc on the move and draws the error (much to the disgust of Djkokovic) before going on to hold with his first trademark backhand winner down the line.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-2 1-0 WAWRINKA - It's not an entirely convincing opening service hold for Djokovic to get the second set underway, as he drops a couple of points in the process. But it's a hold, nonetheless, and adds to the Swiss's struggles early on.
- - SET - DJOKOVIC 6-2 WAWRINKA - Wawrinka opens with a double fault before recovering and pushing the game to deuce, the first game to go to deuce so far. The Swiss dumps a forehand smash from the baseline into the net to a big groan from the crowd as it hands Djokovic a first set point. He can't quite take advantage, firing a forehand wide, but quickly gets a second chance and this time he does take the set, the Serb getting up to a net cord and firing the ball away for an angled forehand winner.
- - DJOKOVIC 5-2 WAWRINKA - Djokovic follows his break to 15 with a hold to 15 to consolidate the break, Wawrinka's one point of the game coming on a net cord. The Serb is looking very comfortable indeed, already.
- - BREAK - DJOKOVIC 4-2 WAWRINKA - Ouch. Wawrinka just hasn't settled to his task at all yet and finds himself broken to 15 after three consecutive errors - a forehand error, a backhand error and another forehand error from the Swiss allowing Djokovic to break without really doing much.
- - DJOKOVIC 3-2 WAWRINKA - Djokovic is looking very focused as he races through another service hold to sneak out in front once more. The Serb is just looking a step quicker around court so far than Wawrinka, who is yet to look really settled into this match.
- - DJOKOVIC 2-2 WAWRINKA - Another positive game from Wawinka as looks to stick with Djokoivic in the early satges of this match. The problem for the Swiss player in the early stages is sticking with the Serb who is on a mission. Both in terms of this tournament but also in terms of getting revenge for those two long matches last year
- - DJOKOVIC 2-1 WAWRNKA - Another very confident, very quick service hold goes the way of the world number pleyer, the Serb sealing the game with a fard-fought forehand winner.
- - DJOKOVIC 1-1 WAWRINKA - There's nothing tentative about Wawrinka's opening serve as she belts the ball down the centre of the court to get his account underway. From there he goes on to hold without too much trouble.
- - DJOKOVIC 1-0 WAWRINKA - Djokovic eases through a love service hold to open the clash against a tentative Wawrinka. The world number two seals the game with a sliced backhand drop shot volley
- - Here we go then, the players are just about ready to go and it will be Djokovic to kick things off having won the toss and opted to serve first...
- - STATS - These two have faced each other 17 times before with Djokovic leading the head to heads by a whopping 15 wins to just two in favour of Wawrinka. Four of those meetings came last year, with two of them being absolute classics. There was THAT match in Australia of course, when Djokovic eventually triumphed 12-10 in the fifth and then another five-setter at the US Open. But there were also comfortable straight sets wins in both Paris and London (World Tour Finals) for Djokovic.
- - Hello and welcome to LIVE coverage from the last of the matches on day nine of the Australian Open. This one is between world number two and three-times defending champion Novak Djokovic and Swiss eighth seed Stanislas Wawrinka.
|Date of Birth||28/03/1985|
|Date of Birth||22/05/1987|