|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - FEDERER 5-1 LORENZI. Can Lorenzi come out and produce another solid service game to keep Federer within his sights in this opening set? No seems to be the answer as unforced errors bring up triple break point. There's a glimmer of hope as he rallies back to 30-40 but Federer is simply too strong at the moment and takes a double break.
- - FEDERER 4-1 LORENZI. Just as I write that Federer isn't coming to the net as much as expected, he starts to come to the net at pretty much every opportunity. There's the Edberg influence. There's the attacking approach that could win WImbeldon. It's utterly convincing as he smashes away another ball to hold to love.
- - FEDERER 3-1 LORENZI. Federer comes to the net behind his return on the opening point and is easily passed by Lorenzi. Federer rips a forehand winner but then Lorenzi comes up with two monster serves to take it to 40-15. Federer nets a backhand return and the Italian is on the scoreboard.
- - FEDERER 3-0 LORENZI. Federer may have raced to a 3-0 lead but it isn't totally convincing, with a few unforced errors flying off his racquet in his latest service game. He has to fend off break point at 30-40 which he does with a timely ace. A Lorenzi miss brings up advantage for Federer and he produces another ace to consolidate his break.
- - FEDERER 2-0 LORENZI. Federer has raced out of the traps and storms to 0-40 on the Lorenzi serve. It's looking ominous already. But Lorenzi soon regains a bit of composure, sticking with Federer in some longer rallies and pegging it back to deuce. He shows adventure to approach the net on the next two points but loses them both, going long at deuce before Federer picks him off on break point.
13:35 - FEDERER 1-0 LORENZI. Federer gets us underway and races to an easy hold.
13:30 - Federer's has never faced his opponent today, Paolo Lorenzi. The Italian has never won a Grand Slam match and a victory today would represent a huge upset. Still, Wimbledon has thrown up a fair few upsets in recent years...
13:25 - After winning Wimbledon in 2012 and crashing out in the 2nd round last year, how will seven-time champion Roger Feder fare this time out? Will we see the Edberg approach pay dividends on the grass of SW19?
13:20 - Good afternoon and welcome to Eurosport's LIVE coverage of Wimbledon as Roger Federer gets his tournament underway against the Italian Paolo Lorenzi. Jo-Wilfried Tsonga and Jurgen Melzer had to come out onto Court 1 and finish their match that was carried over from yesterday and, with the Frenchman wrapping it up in a matter of minutes, Federer and Lorenzi should be out on court shortly.
|Date of Birth||15/12/1981|
|Date of Birth||08/08/1981|