|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - GAME, SET AND MATCH! DJOKOVIC 6-4 3-6 7-6(2) 7-6(9-7) DIMITROV - Djokovic's dream of a second Wimbledon title edges closer as the old master sees off the young pretender after a superb four-set battle and a quite sensational tie break to finish. The tension gets to both players in a tight TB full of routine shots going amiss. Dimi shows more consistency and a backhand volley offers up three set points at 6-3. Djoker saves all three with some sensational shot-making and a double fault turns the TB on its head to leave Djoker serving for the match. A wonderful passing shot offers a reprieve for the Bulgarian but Djokovic holds serve to notch up another match point and makes it count with a winner that clips the net on its way to the left-hand corner he is facing. Breathless stuff.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 3-6 7-6(2) 6-6 DIMITROV - 7-7 in the TB - Sensational. At 6-3 down Djoker saves three set points and then a double fault offers him a match point. Dimi saves it with a sublime passing shot. This is quite incredible resistence from both players.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 3-6 7-6(2) 6-6 DIMITROV - 2-4 in the TB - Dimi looks to stay in the rallies early on and claims a mini break to lead 2-1 when Djoker fizzes long. The Serb shows incredible defence to stay in the next point but the Bulgarian is just as agile and finally puts away an overhead. A big miss on a forehand allows Djokovic back in it but the Serb follows suit with a disappointing attempt into the net ahead of the changeover.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 3-6 7-6(2) 6-6 DIMITROV - It's TB time as Djokovic survives an early scare when he fails to put-away a volley to claim a love hold. Dimi will need to step up in this one. Any repeat of the previous TB and he's going home.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 3-6 7-6(2) 5-6 DIMITROV - This has developed into a real spectacle. Dimi shrugs off the frustration at missing out on the break to power through a dominant service game. Now, can he turn the screw once more and take this to a decider? Or will Djoker take it to a TB?
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 3-6 7-6(2) 5-5 DIMITROV - Awesome from Djokovic as he somehow fends off a brutal attack from Dimi to save a set point and level it up. Some ridiculous elasticity from Dimi to reach what Nole thought was a winner and arrow the shot on the stretch to the baseline gives him the perfect point of attack in the opening rally of the game. The Serb surges back but the Bulgarian refuses to go away and at 40-30 he somehow gets to Novak's drop volley to steer a winner down the line and claim deuce. The pendulum swings again as Dimi hits another winner to tee up set point but the world number two responds with nerves of steel to deliver a big serve before forcing Dimitrov to fire long.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 3-6 7-6(2) 4-5 DIMITROV - "I see your perfect game and I'll match it," says Baby Fed as he rakes down some huge serves to comfortably hold. No-one is blinking at the business-end of this set but the pressure is now on Djokovic to serve to stay in it.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 3-6 7-6(2) 4-4 DIMITROV - Djoker finds his first serves at an important moment in the match and then sizzles a backhand winner way beyond the reach of Dimitrov to secure the love game.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 3-6 7-6(2) 3-4 DIMITROV - This clash could still go either way. It's so hard to call and the tension is evident on centre court. At the moment Dimi seems to have the edge as he holds to 15 with the minimum of fuss, but the momentum has been shifting ever so slightly from player to player throughout. Djoker has the 2-1 lead in sets but you really wouldn't bet against a fifth one being needed to decide it.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 3-6 7-6(2) 3-3 DIMITROV - It's hands on hips time for Nole as he finds himself 0-30 down on serve. The Serb hits back but slips at a crucial moment as Dimitrov constructs a lovely point with a backhand down the line followed by a delicate volley. A rasping forehand gives him a reprieve but a double fault offers up another break point to the Bulgarian. It's deja vu as Djokovic saves it and then allows the 11th seed a third. However, a fierce first serve is blocked out by Dimi and the Serb conjures up another with a high kick to secure as gritty a hold as you will see.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 3-6 7-6(2) 2-3 DIMITROV - It's a hold for Dimitrov but he's making life hard for himself. Some simple errors see him staring at a second straight break on his serve, but he digs deep to save both points before crashing down an ace to take the game.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 3-6 7-6(2) 2-2 DIMITROV - BREAK! A wild Dimitrov forehand misses by a 'country mile' at 15-15 and the crowd's murmurs suggest they are worried this could now be a procession for Djoker. But Dimi hits back with a wonderful drop shot that Nole can't get near and when the Serb flashes a crosscourt attempt wide the break back is suddenly on. The Bulgarian wastes an opening on a second serve but then secures the leveller when he reaches Nole's drop shot and angles a winner to the left tramline he is facing. Superb stuff.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 3-6 7-6(2) 2-1 DIMITROV - BREAK! It's a double fault nightmare as Dimi offers up triple break point with an unenviable hat-trick of woeful serving. He finally gets one in on a second serve but Djokovic immediately takes the initiative and Dimitrov sears a shot long of the baseline to compound his misery and hand his opponent what could be a hugely significant break.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 3-6 7-6(2) 1-1 DIMITROV - Resilient play by Djoker as he storms back from 0-30 to snare four points on the spin and level. Dimi had a big chance at 15-30 when he attempted an inside-in on his forehand but crashed the Serb's second serve into the net. Nole eventually clinched the game with a beautifully-crafted deep forehand that wrong-footed the Bulgarian.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 3-6 7-6(2) 0-1 DIMITROV - A wonderful response from Dimitrov as he crashes down an ace to take the opener in the fourth to love. A snap volley at the net to see off a Djoker attempt down the line is the pick of the action as the Bulgarian drags himself up from the low of his TB capitulation to get on the board.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 3-6 7-6(2) DIMITROV - SET! An early slip sees Dimitrov miscue and Djoker takes full advantage to surge into a 4-1 lead with a thunderous overhead and a fierce first serve. A double fault then compounds Baby Fed's misery before he slices into the net to tee up four set points. The Serb doesn't need asking twice and a sizzling first serve is too hot for Dimitrov who can only steer a return into the net.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 3-6 6-6 DIMITROV - TIE BREAK! An ace gets Dimitrov off to a perfect start but a weak volley into the net creates a few unwelcome butterflies. A probing shot to the baseline drops dead and leaves Djokovic swinging at thin air, allowing Dimi to regain his composure to serve it out with two belters and secure the TB.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 3-6 6-5 DIMITROV - It's all over far too quickly from Dimitrov's point of view as Djokovic thunders down a mix of belting serves to hold to love. Baby Fed will be straight back up after the changeover to serve for a tie break.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 3-6 5-5 DIMITROV - At 15-15 Dimitrov exploits a strangely weak return from Djoker to rasp a winner into the opposite corner. It begins a series of odd points with some basic errors taking it to 40-30 before an exciting battle at the net sees Djokovic's full-length dive to reach a volley end in vain.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 3-6 5-4 DIMITROV - A pair of aces including his 13th of the match on a second serve at 40-0 seal an accomplished hold by the world number two. The heat will now turn right back onto Dimi who must serve to stay in the set.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 3-6 4-4 DIMITROV - The 2011 champion pumps his fist and gets the crowd on their feet when he wins a battle of deft touches at the net to lead 15-30. It's a rallying cry that he doesn't take heed of himself as he wastes a slice approach on a second serve before dragging a forehand wide during a rally he was dominating. A wonderful return sees him force deuce but he gets tangled at the net with a timid drop volley before Dimitrov serves up a rasping first serve he can only block out of court. It's a missed opportunity for Djoker who is getting more and more irritated with himself.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 3-6 4-3 DIMITROV - A massive hold for Novak who is on the ropes at the moment. A magnificent angled overhead on the stretch from Dimitrov gives him an opening at 0-30. Djokovic powers back but is helpless to defend a shot down the line that tees up break point. A brave short attempt just about makes it over the net to force deuce and the Serb shows the qualities of a champion to come through when his volley into the corner is thrashed wide of the tramlines on the run by his opponent.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 3-6 3-3 DIMITROV - It's a simple hold for Dimi as Nole gifts him a trio of cheap points. The Serb gets his angles wrong with a backhand down the line and then nets a weak forehand. The 2011 champion then concedes the game all too meekly as he overcooks a shot to the baseline.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 3-6 3-2 DIMITROV - Superb stuff from Djokovic who survives a casual hiccup at the net to claim the hold to 30 with a sliced volley at a similar distance that leaves Dimi with no chance. The Serb is moving into the net more and more and it's giving him some real joy. It's a solid hold in the end, but on the whole this has developed into a really tight affair after Nole had threatened to runaway with it in the opening set and a half.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 3-6 2-2 DIMITROV - The Serb punishes a weak approach shot to the net by lashing a crosscourt forehand into the corner and level at 30-30, but Dimi surges back with a volley that leaves Nole doing the splits before a fizzing ace clinches the hold.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 3-6 2-1 DIMITROV - There are hints of real frustration from Novak as he nets another volley to drop a point he was always in control of to trail 15-30. Unfortunately he unwittingly takes his frustration out on a line judge who gets in the way of a venomous serve down the middle T to take it full on the head! The Serb comes through another blistering rally following a slip apiece from both players to lead and then sees it out to hold to 30 with a dismissive forehand that wrong-foots Dimitrov.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 3-6 1-1 DIMITROV - An important hold for Dimitrov as he fights back to see off the Nole challenge. The Bulgarian's backhand malfunctions after a bruising rally to tee up an Opportunity Point (15-30) but despite some strong defence, he has no answer to a second crushing overhead by the Bulgarian. Some big serving gets him ahead and he is let off the hook when Djokovic comes into the net and angles his volley into the net.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 3-6 1-0 DIMITROV - The Serbinator rediscovers his efficiency mode, shrugging off an early dropped point to seal it to 15 with a wide ace.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 3-6 DIMITROV - SET! It was a slow burner but this one has finally started to deliver. It's all-square as Dimitrov roars back from nowhere. A superb service game sees him secure triple set point but Djoker saves one with a deep volley into the right-hand corner he is facing. The final rally sees Nole pull his racket away from a probing shot by the Bulgarian and challenge, but it is shown to clip the baseline and with that the set is over.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 3-5 DIMITROV - BREAK! This match has been completely turned on its head! Baby Fed is starting to showcase his talents and it's suddenly causing the once unflustered Djokovic to get a bit hot under the collar. A sumptuous volley at the net puts him 0-30 ahead before the top seed loses patience in a rally and sizzles a backhand long. A mishit from Djokovic draws Dimi into the net but the Serb's pick up to a drop shot flies wide and suddenly the set is in the 11th seed's hands.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 3-4 DIMITROV - Grigor finds his big serve at just the right moment to ensure his good work in the previous game doesn't go to waste. Djokovic is clearly irritated to have allowed the Bulgarian back in it and his frustration grows as he is isn't allowed to get a foothold in the game, losing it to 15.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 3-3 DIMITROV - BREAK! Dimi's back in it as the slice backhand wears away at Djokovic who is beginning to make one or two errors. A probing slice to the baseline wrong foots the Serb and gives Dimi a glimmer of hope at 0-30. The Bulgarian wastes the next point with an unforced error but tees up two break opportunities when he thunders a forehand down the line that Djoker can only thrash way out of court. The world number two saves one but can't fight off the 11th seed this time as he pummels a shot into the net to offer Dimi real hope that he can turn this around.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 3-2 DIMITROV - Bold play by Dimitrov as he fires an ace down the middle T to save a break point and take it to deuce after an error-strewn opening to his service game. Djokovic then cracks a backhand long of the baseline before watching a fizzing forehand put-away roar past him after he just about returned a thumping wide first serve. Still just the one break in it.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 3-1 DIMITROV - There's nothing sensational or particularly stylish about Djokovic's display so far, but he's been SO efficient with very few errors. On this occasion he's finally made to work really hard on his serve but eventually pulls off the hold to consolidate. The scintillating moments are coming from Dimitrov and he produces another here with the most sublime dropshot from the baseline that leaves Djoker bamboozled and offering a thumbs up in acknowledgement of just how good that was. Buoyed by the point, the Bulgarian sizzles a raking backhand that Djokovic does well to stab back and Dimi ties it at deuce with a deft put-away at the net. It clearly rattles Djoker who then gets out of jail on break point when the 11th seed slips trying to engage a backhand. Another net cord goes the way of the 2011 champion to seal the game and he holds up a hand of apology as he heaves a big sigh of relief.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 2-1 DIMITROV - BREAK! The Serbinator is quite simply relentless. Dimi cracks one of the points of the match once more with a sensational winner down the line, but that's because he has to in order to keep pace with Nole. At 15-30 the 11th seed manages to pull off some big serving to sneak ahead but then double faults to tie it at deuce. Nole cranks up the heat and forces the break point which he secures with an element of fortune when a mishit is followed by the intervention of a net cord that deflects Dimitrov's backhand long.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 1-1 DIMITROV - The relentless accuracy of first serves has fallen away a bit for Nole and it allows Dimi to pounce, fizzing a backhand winner to tie it a deuce. It's a chance to turn the heat up on the world number two but the Bulgarian fails to do so, making two basic errors to let Novak off the hook.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 0-1 DIMITROV - Grigor mutters to himself as he makes another error to let Nole back in at 15-15. Whatever he said worked a treat as he blasts down three sensational serves to get himself in front in the second. It must have been frustrating to have had just one poor game and be punished so mercilessly in that opener, but that's the level he needs to reach if wants to challenge the likes of the Djoker on a regular basis. Murray contributed to his own downfall with errors in the last eight while the top seed has barely put a foot wrong.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 DIMITROV - SET! The favourite for this year's crown shows just why he is so hotly tipped to land a second Wimbledon title with an almost flawless display of efficient tennis. The Serb draws the errors from his opponent to claim triple set point and closes it out on the first when Dimitrov slices long. The opener is done and dusted in just 27 minutes - it flew by! You get the feeling this one has yet to really ignite though.
- - DJOKOVIC 5-4 DIMITROV - One poor service game looks like being decisive in this opener as Dimitrov powers through a love game with a couple of thumping aces sealing it. Djoker will now serve for the set.
- - DJOKOVIC 5-3 DIMITROV - At 40-15 the Serbinator finally misses a first serve but it doesn't stop him from closing in on the first set as a rippling crosscourt forehand proves too hot for Dimitrov to handle.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-3 DIMITROV - The 23-year-old regains his composure to lead 30-0 and wins one of the points of the match so far with some great athleticism at the net to see off a probing forehand down the line from Djokovic. A rasping crosscourt forehand then seals a love game as the Serbian fails to get enough depth on a backhand.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-2 DIMITROV - Another superb service game from the Djoker as he consolidates to 15. A slip on the final point could have been costly but Dimi's shot dropped long once more.
- - DJOKOVIC 3-2 DIMITROV - BREAK! Out of the blue the top seed strikes! Dimitrov fluffs the first few points and then lets the pressure get to him at a routine part of the rally when he cannons a shot into the net. The Bulgarian tries to force his way back into it but overloads a forehand approach that lands a few inches long to drop his serve to love. First blood to the 2011 champion.
- - DJOKOVIC 2-2 DIMITROV - The world number two sizzles a forehand just wide but recovers with a trio of aces to take the game to 15. The Serbinator has yet to miss a first serve which has given Dimitrov very little to attack thus far.
- - DJOKOVIC 1-2 DIMITROV - Baby Fed is loving the spotlight and surges to a love hold with great ease. Even a mishit goes his way as Djokovic drills a return long to end the game in double-quick time.
- - DJOKOVIC 1-1 DIMITROV - Nole romps into a 40-0 lead and then sees his rhythm slightly upset by Dimitrov dashing back to his chair for a racket switch. The 11th seed pulls a point back with some dominant play at the net but then misjudges a looping backhand from the Serbian that drops in at the baseline.
- - DJOKOVIC 0-1 DIMITROV - The young pretender gets off to a flyer with some big first serving giving Djokovic very little to feed on. There are an array of stars in the crowd today with the likes of Justin Rose, Jude Law, Rod Laver and Dimi's other half to name but a few.
13.11 - Will it be a case of out with the old and in with the new? Or will experience prevail? We're about to find out as Dimitrov steps up to serve first.
13.08 - The players are out on centre court and running through the final few swings of the warm up. This is Dimitrov's maiden appearance in the last four of a Grand Slam. In stark contrast, Djokovic will be participating in his 16th semi-final in the past 17 majors. It is his 23rd overall. However, it's worth noting that Dimitrov is currently on a 10-match winning sequence on grass after winning Queen's in the lead up to Wimbledon.
13.05 - HEAD-TO-HEAD: The pair have met on four previous occasions with Djokovic winning three of them. The Serb triumphed in straight sets in their last meeting at the 2013 French Open while Dimitrov's sole success came a few weeks prior to that in Madrid.
13.00 - Meanwhile Djokovic insists the emergence of the next generation of tennis superstars and the shock defeats of the likes of Andy Murray and Rafael Nadal is not something he has dwelt upon. He said: "It doesn’t affect me at all because I just try to focus on my own matches – that’s something I can influence. Media and fans are always expecting the top guys to reach the final stages. If it doesn’t happen, it’s obviously a surprise. It proves in a grand slam you cannot underestimate any opponents. There are new young players that are challenging the best and are winning against the best players in the world. That’s why they deserve to be where they are now.”
12.55 - Dimitrov is riding the crest of a wave after ousting Murray in the last eight with a straight sets demolition of the 2013 champion. The 11th seed feels he is now reaping the rewards of a nine-month period that has seen him finally start to realise his potential under the guidance of coach Roger Rasheed. He said: "This is something that I’ve worked for, to get on to that stage, come out and switch to another gear. I know it’s going to be a battle. I’ve just got to be really composed and do the things I’ve been doing.”
12.45 - Hello and welcome to live game-by-game coverage of the 2014 Wimbledon semi-final clash between top seed, Novak Djokovic and Grigor Dimitrov, conqueror of last year's champion, Andy Murray. This intriguing encounter will get us underway on centre court shortly with the other semi between Roger Federer and Milos Raonic to follow.
|Date of Birth||22/05/1987|
|Date of Birth||16/05/1991|