|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - GAME, SET AND MATCH! FEDERER 6-4 6-4 6-4 RAONIC - The Swiss Maestro eases to a straight sets victory and books his place in Sunday's final against old foe, Novak Djokovic with an accomplished display. The seven-time champion was flawless on serve throughout but did blow a simple volley at the net to make it interesting at 30-30. However, Raonic couldn't step up and it was all over when the Canadian starlet could only block a fierce first serve out of court.
- - FEDERER 6-4 6-4 5-4 RAONIC - BREAK! A crisp Federer forehand winner cranks up the heat at 0-30 and Raonic buckles with a poor approach into the net off the Swiss' low slice. The Canadian saves one of three break points with a bullet ace but then drags a forehand horribly long to gift Fed-Ex the chance to serve for the match.
- - FEDERER 6-4 6-4 4-4 RAONIC - A love hold for the Swiss and we are edging closer to that tie break. We actually had a bit of tennis there with Federer pulling his opponent from side to side before finishing it off with a sweeping crosscourt winner.
- - FEDERER 6-4 6-4 3-4 RAONIC - An exquisitely angled volley at the net puts Milos in control at 30-0 and he secures another easy service game with an obligatory ace. The games are flying by now with very little groundstrokes on show.
- - FEDERER 6-4 6-4 3-3 RAONIC - We're still neck and neck as the Swiss holds to 15, finishing it off with a thumping smash after Raonic had somehow returned his first effort to put the game to bed.
- - FEDERER 6-4 6-4 2-3 RAONIC - Great response from Milos as the big serves work a treat to claim a quick-fire hold. It'll be interesting to see if he can get to the tie break and whether his approach would change in it if he does. Of course, he may break Federer before that but it would be a bolt out of the blue in the context of the match so far.
- - FEDERER 6-4 6-4 2-2 RAONIC - If he wasn't already, the Canadian must be fearing the worst now. A sure-fire winner is somehow returned by Federer who takes the point before strolling through the next few to notch another love game. The big reach on that opening point was quite sublime from Fed-Ex.
- - FEDERER 6-4 6-4 1-2 RAONIC - That Federer backhand has done all sorts of damage at times today and he unleashes it again at 15-15 to put Raonic under a bit of pressure. The Canadian responds with some ice cool serving, lashing down two aces and a big one Federer can only block way out of court to come through the test.
- - FEDERER 6-4 6-4 1-1 RAONIC - The Swiss looks in the zone and puts away a lovely drop volley that flummoxes Milos at 30-0. The Canadian bites back to move within a point of deuce but a big first serve does the damage to ensure the seven-time champion levels it up.
- - FEDERER 6-4 6-4 0-1 RAONIC - The Canadian's confidence won't exactly be flying at the moment but he holds with relative ease with a wide serve that sees him take it to 15.
- - FEDERER 6-4 6-4 RAONIC - SET! A couple of simple errors make it less than routine for Fed-Ex at 30-30 but he shows great reflexes at the net to snare the set point. A big serve down the middle T is too hot for Raonic to steer back over the net and the Swiss is closing in on another Wimbledon final.
- - FEDERER 6-4 5-4 RAONIC - BREAK! Federer's shout of 'Come on!' is greeted by huge applause as the Swiss Maestro whips a bullet of a backhand down the line to tee up a 0-30 lead. The number four seed then shows strong defence to make Raonic attempt an overhead that he completely overcooks. It's a mistake that costs him as Fed-Ex clinches the break at the second attempt with another astonishing backhand winner. Federer will now serve for a two-set lead.
- - FEDERER 6-4 4-4 RAONIC - A raking backhand leaves Raonic on his backside as he attempts to return and it sums up most of his efforts to break the Swiss at the moment. Federer is only giving him fleeting opportunities but Avatar does manage to fire one lovely crosscourt winner via the backhand before a sublime drop volley from Fed-Ex leaves him on his heels once more.
- - FEDERER 6-4 3-4 RAONIC - The Canadian hopeful roars into a 40-0 lead but allows Federer back in with a miscue and a weaker second serve the Swiss pounces upon. It's a slight chink of light for the seven-time champion but he can't do much with another thunderbolt and Raonic replies with a thumping forehand Federer can only sweep into the net on the run.
- - FEDERER 6-4 3-3 RAONIC - Aggressive play at the net by Federer makes him far too imposing for Raonic to pass and the Canadian can only fizz into the alley. It is the standout point in another short service game to love. We're still toe-to-toe and could well be heading for a tie break if this serving masterclass continues.
- - FEDERER 6-4 2-3 RAONIC - A simple error by Federer and a fortuitous net cord that sees the Swiss hook wildly wide ensure it's a simple enough hold for Raonic who is well in this second set. It's fair to say Centre Court is still a bit subdued though, after the spectators were treated to an epic in the first semi between Djokovic and Dimitrov. This one isn't at the same level at present.
- - FEDERER 6-4 2-2 RAONIC - The Canadian just can't steer his shots on court as Federer keeps him guessing with a real mix of tactics. At 40-0 the Swiss makes a simple forehand error before Avatar whips a lovely crosscourt winner in to make things interesting. The number eight seed is well in the final point but clips his approach into the net to allow Fed-Ex to level.
- - FEDERER 6-4 1-2 RAONIC - The number eight seed is a throwback to the days of big Goran Ivanisevic with such a heavy reliance upon serve. At 40-15 Federer engages him in a rally and the Canadian can't quite live with it, digging out a shot at the net but flashing it into the alley. The Swiss takes advantage of the 23-year-old's frustration and forces deuce. The big serve comes to Raonic's rescue once more though and he clinches the game with some lovely net coverage to put away an angled volley.
- - FEDERER 6-4 1-1 RAONIC - The Swiss called it before the contest when he said it wouldn't be a match of many rallies - and he wasn't wrong. It's three or four strokes per point at best and the fourth seed does just enough to hold with a clean forehand at the net to take it to 30. .
- - FEDERER 6-4 0-1 RAONIC - A much better start for Avatar as he romps through a love hold with some aggressive serving.
- - FEDERER 6-4 RAONIC - SET! The Swiss wraps up the opener inside 35 minutes, but it developed into more of a contest as the set wore on. The seven-time champion recovered from a shaky opening at 15-30 with a deep volley and clinched it on his first opportunity when Raonic dragged a backhand wide of the far tramline.
- - FEDERER 5-4 RAONIC - The Canadian starlet finds his serving mojo and sears a second serve ace right down the middle T to hold to 15. Federer will now look to serve out the opener.
- - FEDERER 5-3 RAONIC - The eighth game brings with it the first sign of trouble on the Federer serve as he overcooks a drilled attempt to the baseline to trail 15-30. A thumping ace restores parity but a well-timed backhand return winner tees up a break chance. Federer steps up a gear and screams 'Come on!' as he fights it off before cracking down an ace to seal the game.
- - FEDERER 4-3 RAONIC - The thumping serves are on show as expected but the number eight seed produces a sensational crosscourt winner on the defensive at 30-0 to lay an early claim for shot of the match. A weak forehand into the net allows Federer a point back but the 32-year-old makes a slice error on the approach to ensure the Canadian breezes through the hold.
- - FEDERER 4-2 RAONIC - So far Avatar has had no joy whatsoever on the Federer serve. The Swiss is racing through and is rarely having to play more than two or three shots. It's a love hold and Raonic is going to have to come up with a solution if he is to get himself into this contest.
- - FEDERER 3-2 RAONIC - It's a close call but the Canadian sees off the threat of a double break to hold. When there's a rally to be played Federer is coming up trumps and it helps him to dodge through the missile-like serves to level at 30-30. A chip and charge allows him get to the net and dink a delightful cushioned volley to claim a break point but Raonic comes up with a thumping crosscourt winner to make deuce. A delicious backhand snares another double-break opportunity but the Swiss can't quite steer a forehand in down the line. Raonic's big serve eventually ignites and he rattles down an ace to finish.
- - FEDERER 3-1 RAONIC - Nonchalant stuff from Federer as he keeps firing out that wide serve and finishing with a simple backhand put-away. It leads him to a 40-0 lead and even when Raonic looks set to pass him with a nailed-on winner, the Swiss reads his attempt and knocks a cute volley into the open court.
- - FEDERER 2-1 RAONIC - How the man nicknamed Avatar must be wishing he'd produced this service game to begin with! A dominant display sees him pound down some explosive serves to ease to a love game.
- - FEDERER 2-0 RAONIC - It's not vintage Fed but it'll do as he consolidates to 30. The double faults must be catching as the Swiss Maestro falters at 30-15. However, a raking wide serve is returned long by the Canadian and the seven-time champion forces the 23-year-old way beyond his left tramline again on the final point before despatching a forehand into the open court.
- - FEDERER 1-0 RAONIC - BREAK! It's an action-packed opener and a real blow to the young hopeful. Raonic fails with a challenge on the very first serve but it doesn't knock him out of his stride initially as he caresses a lovely winner down the line. Federer responds will an equally impressive forehand before the Canadian blitzes down a bomb of a first serve. A wayward forehand gives Fed-Ex an opening and a double fault offers up an immediate break opportunity. The Swiss manages to return a huge serve and Raonic then fires wide again to hand the number four seed the early advantage.
16.35 - It's showtime. Who will face Djokovic in Sunday's final? The seven-time champion or the first Canadian in a Wimbledon semi final since 1908? Raonic to serve first.
16.35 - The players are almost ready. It's been a while, and Raonic has improved in that time, but they have met once before on grass in the quarter finals of Halle in 2012. Fed-Ex edged a close affair in which there were two tie breaks 6-7 6-4 7-6.
16.32 - HEAD-TO-HEAD: Federer has won all four of their previous meetings with the most recent coming in the fourth round of the 2013 Australian Open. The Swiss breezed through in straight sets.
16.28 - Federer's imperious form in the tournament so far has got many of his supporters dreaming of him landing an eighth title at SW19 - but the Swiss is trying to remain calm and focused on the task in hand. He said: "I know there's pressure, but the confidence is there. There is a chance to go a step further because you trust your game. That's where I am right now." Federer has been impressed by what he has seen of Raonic over the past fortnight and expects to come under fire from the Canadian's major weapon. He added: "He's got a big serve. Clearly that's what is most visible when you see him play. It keeps him in the match. I've played him in some interesting places like Halle where we basically didn't have any rallies whatsoever.”
16.25 - Raonic insists he will not be in awe of Federer's Wimbledon accomplishments when they lock horns this afternoon. He said: "I'm not stepping out today against the seven-times Wimbledon champion, I'm not playing a 32-year-old man, I'm not playing a father of two sets of twins. I'm not playing the guy that's won whatever he's won. I'm playing a guy that is standing in the way of what I want to achieve.... There is a change in attitude. You see it when the young guys step out on court, in people's play and attitude. It's a big difference from a year ago. The one result that stands out is what Stan (Wawrinka) did in Australia at the beginning of the year. That was the biggest sigh of belief and relief for a lot of the guys."
16.20 - Hello and welcome to live game-by-game coverage of seven-time champion Roger Federer's semi-final showdown with Canadian pretender and number eight seed Milos Raonic. The winner will face Novak Djokovic in Sunday's final.
|Date of Birth||08/08/1981|
|Date of Birth||27/12/1990|