No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- Federer 6-4 6-3 6-2 Bautista Agut. GAME, SET AND MATCH. Bautista Agut. The Spaniard makes a decent attempt of serving to keep this match but Federer, as he has been all evening, simply proves too much for the Spaniard. Federer wraps up the one at the first attempt and books his place in the quarter-finals, where he will face Gael Monfils, a straight sets winner over Gregor Dimitrov earlier on today.
- Federer 6-4 6-3 5-2 Bautista Agut, A service hold apeice from the two players and Federer is potentially just one game away from a place in the quarter-finals. Bauitsta Agut will have to serve to stay in this match after the change of ends.
- Federer 6-4 6-3 4-1 Bautista Agut. Federer is forced to save a break point after a couple of slack points. But save it he does with some length hitting that Bautista Agut cannot deal with. Federer goes on to hold from there and he is now just potentially two games away.
- Federer 6-4 6-3 3-1 Bautista Agut. Break. Federer converts on the first of his break points in this third set, moving Bautista Agut from one side of the court to the other and gradually lowering the ball through his sliced backhand that it draws the netted inside out forehand from the Spaniard.
- Federer 6-4 6-3 2-1 Bautista Agut. Bautista Agut does all the hard work by moving Federer around the baseline only to net his attempted forehand down the line. That could have been triple break point to the Spaniard but instead it's 15-30 and from there Federer goes on to hold without the loss of another point, sealing the game with an inside out forehand volley winner across court.
- Federer 6-4 6-3 1-1 Bautista Agut. The Spaniard also posts a comfortable service hold to open his third set account.
- Federer 6-4 6-3 1-0 Bautista Agut. Federer thumps down a decent second serve but one which Bautista Agut really should be able to get back in play. But the Spaniard puts his reply out and Federer has the opening hold to begin this third set.
- Federer 6-4 6-3 Bautista Agut. Set. A running forehand winner across court followed by a lob that Bautista Agut attempts to return with a hot-dog shot, only managing to return the ball into the net. It brings up set point for Federer and that's all he takes as the set when Bautista Agut hits long.
- Federer 6-4 5-3 Bautista Agut. Federer eases through another service hold to 15, throwing in his sixth ace of the match in the process. Bautista Agut will have to serve to stay in this second set next.
- Federer 6-4 4-3 Bautista Agut. The Spaniard is just about holding on in this second set as he again saves a break point, this time with a big serve that Federer cannot return in play, before going on to hold when the Swiss second seed goes long and maybe slightly wide with a cross court forehand.
- Federer 6-4 4-2 Bautista Agut. Federer gifts Bautista Agut a chance to get the break back when he slaps down his fourth double fault. He saves it with an agressive inside out forehand across court that the Spaniard cannot return in play before going on to hold and leave himself potentially just two games away from a two sets to love lead.
- Federer 6-4 3-2 Bautista Agut. A forehand volley long from Bautista Agut hands Federer another break point. But again the second seed lets his opponent off the hook and sends a forehand drifting just long to squander the point. From there Bautista Agut recovers impressively and holds to remain just the one break down in this second set.
- Federer 6-4 3-1 Bautista Agut. The Spaniard has been burned by attempting to pass Federer only to see his opponent come up with some outrageous volley winner. So instead the Spaniard goes for an angled backhand lob. But he puts the ball wide and Federer holds to love to consolidate the break.
- Federer 6-4 2-1 Bautista Agut. Break. Ouch. A poor game from the Spaniard sees him gift Federer two break points with the second seed having to do too much to earn them. And he doesn't have to do anything at all to secure the break as Bautista Agut slaps down a double fault to concede his serve.
- Federer 6-4 1-1 Bautista Agut. Federer stretches up to a decent lob from Bautista Agut and just gets a racquet to the ball. But somehow he does enough with the ball to get back down at the feet of Bautista Agut and win the point on his way to another hold.
- Federer 6-4 0-1 Bautista Agut. The Spaniard eases through a comfortable service hold to 15 to get the second set off the mark. There was a moment in the first set that it looked as though Bautista Agut might crumble under the Federer onslaught but credit to the Spaniard, he has held firm and is far from being disgraced tonight.
- Federer 6-4 Bautista Agut. Set. A much better service game from Federer this time around as he sneaks ahead with an inch-perfect, angled forehand volley winner before sealing the set with back-to-back aces.
- Federer 5-4 Bautista Agut. Three games in a row from the Spaniard as he puts down a high forehand volley across court and on to the sideline to apply more pressure to Federer, who will have one last chance to serve out the set after the change of ends.
- Federer 5-3 Bautista Agut. Break. A couple of loose shots from Federer and a forehand passing shot winner from Bautista Agut and all of a sudden the Spaniard has three points to get one of the breaks back. Federer manages to save the first two but he can do nothing about the third, sending a forehand long, and Bautista Agut breaks back.
- Federer 5-2 Bautista Agut. Federer earns himself a first set point with a high backhand smash that Bautista Agut can only return long. The Swiss second seed cannot take advantage though as he sends a backhand long, letting Bautista Agut off the hook. The Spaniard goes on to hold but Federer will serve for the opening set after the change of ends.
- Federer 5-1 Bautista Agut. Another very comfortable service hold from Federer, again for the loss of just the one point, is sealed with a big serve that Bautista Agut cannot get back over the net. The Spaniard will now have to serve to stay in this opening set.
- Federer 4-1 Bautista Agut. Break. Baustista Agut squanders a game point with a forehand long before Federer earns himself another break point with an exquisite bakchand lob right on to the baseline at full stretch. The Spaniard saves it with some gutsy baseline play that draws the forehand long from Federer and he also saves a second with a length backhand volley that Federer nets in reply. But Federer earns himself a third chance with a forehand winner down the line after backing away from the ball. And this time, Federer does secure the double break, another trip into the net paying dividends as he manoeuvres Bautista Agut around the court with ease before knocking the backhand volley down the line for a winner.
- Federer 3-1 Bautista Agut. A blink-and-you'll-miss-it service hold from Federer to consolidate his early break lead. Fed endulges in a bit of serve and volley, smashing a forehand winner down the line to secure the hold to 15.
- Federer 2-1 Bautista Agut. Break. Vintage Federer as he races up to the net on three consecutive points, finding a backhand winner, a smash winner and a forehand that does enough to wrong-foot the Spaniard on the baseline. That all combines to earn Federer a first break point of the match and he only needs the one to take the early initiative, Bautista Agut again going long with a forehand.
- Federer 1-1 Bautista Agut. Federer appears to be cruising to a comfortable opening hold before a double fault and a forehand error allow Bautista Agut back into the game at deuce. A couple of much better serves from the five-times former champ though and the hold is Federer's
- Federer 0-1 Bautista Agut. A great start from the Spaniard, who races through an opening service hold to 15 and sealing the game with an ace. Bautista Agut is clearly not going to be overawed by this situation.
- Here we go then, the players are just about ready and it will be Baustista Agut to get the clash underway by serving first...
- Hello and welcome to live coverage from this fourth round clash between five-times former champion Roger Federer and Spain's 17th seed Roberto Bautista-Agut.
|Date of Birth||14/04/1988|
|Date of Birth||08/08/1981|